Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: New Competition Structure for 2018

New Competition Structure for 2018

Lots of speculation about the structure for next year, any clues?

From what i have been told,
    Going back to a similar structure to when SFA & SFL existed.

SFL or prems, will be current prems with possible 10th team being Camden.

SFA or Div 1?,Magic,Parra,Balmain,Sth Power,Mac Uni, Penrith etc

Almost Football Legend
    I don't think it's a done deal yet, and it may not happen.

But the general principle is that seniors and reserves will always play together. At one stage they were floating the idea of having seniors, reserves & under 19s together for Prems, but where would that leave UTS?
    Not sure how that would affect thirds, fourths etc. Plenty of clubs are fielding more than two open-age teams these days, not just the university clubs but clubs like North Shore & Pennant Hills; which is a good thing. But standards of thirds, fourths, fifths etc vary wildly from club to club; and whether a new model would create suitable divisions for them to play in remains to be seen.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Very interested to see what it does for u19s and third senior sides.

"Likely" for 2018 is the word. Old model, new name. Premier A ( Current PD teams + looking for another from "South West Sydney Area".). Premier B. All other clubs invited to join but not compulsory. Each comp will require a reserves side. Then it will be Div 1, 2 etc below that allowing PD teams and clubs that dont wish to enter Premier B. Also looking at 3 divisions in womens (PD, PD Reserves and Div 1)19's still to be determined. In essence, not the worst idea but can see blowouts in the Reserves competitions. Premier A will have the three Div 1 ladder leaders in two's and they have 5 of the 6 top placed Div 2 sides.

Within a few seasons, the aim is to have PD, PD Reserves, PD Women's and PD 19's. Divisionalisation was a success but has been cruelled in recent years with teams "convincing" the league to stay in lower divisions with laughable excuses and by-law changes suiting the stronger clubs as well as the inevitable rorting.

The new system doesn't seem to allow for much equalisation, especially in the Women's/19's with clubs that have done the hard yards.

The chance for Most Clubs to Play their Senior teams together or have at least two Grouped together every week could only be a positive. Obviously the 19's would take some tinkering depending on team nominations but going off the current divisions teams are playing in I think its worth a go Potential Comp Structure.pdf

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    I don't think it's a done deal yet, and it may not happen.

But the general principle is that seniors and reserves will always play together. At one stage they were floating the idea of having seniors, reserves & under 19s together for Prems, but where would that leave UTS?
    Not sure how that would affect thirds, fourths etc. Plenty of clubs are fielding more than two open-age teams these days, not just the university clubs but clubs like North Shore & Pennant Hills; which is a good thing. But standards of thirds, fourths, fifths etc vary wildly from club to club; and whether a new model would create suitable divisions for them to play in remains to be seen.
    Just give the 19s a bye when you draw uts???

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    "Likely" for 2018 is the word. Old model, new name. Premier A ( Current PD teams + looking for another from "South West Sydney Area".). Premier B. All other clubs invited to join but not compulsory. Each comp will require a reserves side. Then it will be Div 1, 2 etc below that allowing PD teams and clubs that dont wish to enter Premier B. Also looking at 3 divisions in womens (PD, PD Reserves and Div 1)19's still to be determined. In essence, not the worst idea but can see blowouts in the Reserves competitions. Premier A will have the three Div 1 ladder leaders in two's and they have 5 of the 6 top placed Div 2 sides.

Within a few seasons, the aim is to have PD, PD Reserves, PD Women's and PD 19's. Divisionalisation was a success but has been cruelled in recent years with teams "convincing" the league to stay in lower divisions with laughable excuses and by-law changes suiting the stronger clubs as well as the inevitable rorting.

The new system doesn't seem to allow for much equalisation, especially in the Women's/19's with clubs that have done the hard yards.
    Back to the future, I think that divisionalisation has served its purpose and a hybrid model that eventually looks towards club based comps along the lines of the VAFA is probably the best way forward.

I'd throw promotion and relegation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttsy View Post
    The chance for Most Clubs to Play their Senior teams together or have at least two Grouped together every week could only be a positive. Obviously the 19's would take some tinkering depending on team nominations but going off the current divisions teams are playing in I think its worth a go Potential Comp Structure.pdf
    Without looking at every team current ladder position I reckon you have nailed the format.

Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    Without looking at every team current ladder position I reckon you have nailed the format.
    Sure, if you're only concerned with the Prems structure... there would be some seriously lopsided comps in pretty much every other grade..

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Sure, if you're only concerned with the Prems structure... there would be some seriously lopsided comps in pretty much every other grade..
    Not sure how you work that out as the majority of the divisions have teams either from the same grade or maybe one below. There is one or two teams that are 2 grades lower but the majority of them are the senior team of those clubs so there would be room to improve over time

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttsy View Post
    Not sure how you work that out as the majority of the divisions have teams either from the same grade or maybe one below. There is one or two teams that are 2 grades lower but the majority of them are the senior team of those clubs so there would be room to improve over time
    Camden will struggle to win a game in all 3 teams in the premier structure.
    Then you'd have teams like Sth Power Mac Uni & Western Magic (their 1s) playing SWS, Norwest, Randwick, Wollondilly each week..

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast