Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: New Competition Structure for 2018

Well done to Camden. Obviously their recruiting will be crucial.

Will be an interesting comp in what will probably be named Div 1. You will have Nor-West, Town, Wollondilly and Randwick competing if an earlier post is correct. You would think that as first grade sides, they will feed into finals. I'm tipping UTS to win their last four games of the H & A season to slip into fifth spot, then take home the flag. It is, realistically, Div 4 you know

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    IMO many will be surprised how competitive Camden will be in Premier Division next season, primarily because of the difference between all of last years Div 1 teams and the Premier comp is not that large.
    The nature of clubs with multiple teams means that there are often a group of 40 competing for a game is Prems, not the traditional 25 to 30 with the 10 making up numbers - in Sydney these last 10 are in the third of fourth team. I am sure Sydney Uni Div 1, St George Div 1, Mac Uni, Penno Div 1 and Magic would all be competitive in Prems, so Camden will be Ok. I dont think they will win a lot of games but dont expect them to loose by big margins.

The disparity in the new structure will be in the lower Divisions, what ever they will end up being called. There will be some big blowouts there!
    Yes your right their Seniors should be competitive especially against the bottom sides if they can recruit some players. It will be their Reserve grade that will cop some floggings coming from Div 3 playing against Div 1 teams that their Seniors couldn't beat this year.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuttsy View Post
    Yes your right their Seniors should be competitive especially against the bottom sides if they can recruit some players. It will be their Reserve grade that will cop some floggings coming from Div 3 playing against Div 1 teams that their Seniors couldn't beat this year.
    Prem comp was closer than it looked last year.....Wests beat 4th place unsw manly beat penno (premiers) and north shore (3rd) ECE beat Syd Uni and UTS beat UNSW i wouldnt be targetting the lower sides too easy

Good luck tho i reckon you will go alright.....where does this leave Wests ? will c town folk go back to camden ie Cameron Gordon and the likes?

Quote Originally Posted by Footy Barista View Post
    Prem comp was closer than it looked last year.....Wests beat 4th place unsw manly beat penno (premiers) and north shore (3rd) ECE beat Syd Uni and UTS beat UNSW i wouldnt be targetting the lower sides too easy

Good luck tho i reckon you will go alright.....where does this leave Wests ? will c town folk go back to camden ie Cameron Gordon and the likes?
    Little less of the "you will do alright" or you might upset them im definitely not from Camden HAHA. Gordon will stay at Wests, he's still under contract to them and Im pretty confident with the relationships he's built there and his thoughts on Camden he will be staying where he is until he's finished playing Prems.

Regular in the Side
    Has the complete structure been published anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Well done to Camden. Obviously their recruiting will be crucial.

Will be an interesting comp in what will probably be named Div 1. You will have Nor-West, Town, Wollondilly and Randwick competing if an earlier post is correct. You would think that as first grade sides, they will feed into finals. I'm tipping UTS to win their last four games of the H & A season to slip into fifth spot, then take home the flag. It is, realistically, Div 4 you know
    BatBury. Like Bradbury, but with UTS involved.

Would likely throw in the 3rd grades of Penno, North Shore, and the Unis into the mix if they are unable to nominate for the Platinum comp. No guarantees of finals for the clubs like mine who have their seniors in this. A much better option than playing out of our depth against Div 1 and 2 teams though. Especially when half our squad head to a festival every few weeks.

Almost Football Legend
    Don't think so.

But what's planned for next year is a Premier Division with 10 teams, with Seniors and Reserves who will always play together. No promotion/relegation.
    Then there's a Platinum Division with 7 teams, with Seniors and Reserves who will always play together. No promotion/relegation.
    Then there's Divisions 1, 2 & 3 for clubs who aren't in Premier or Platinum and clubs' 3s, 4s, 5s. I think there's still proposed to be promotion/relegation for this.

No change to Under 19s so far as I'm aware. At one stage there was talk of having Under 19s as part of the Premier Division structure, but nothing came of that. UTS doesn't have Under 19s; and Wests would be hoping for a stand-alone Under 19s team next year but in Div 2.

Womens will have a Div 2 coming in under the existing Premier Division & Div 1. The number of new teams that have come in the last couple of years and anticipated further growth made that inevitable. It wouldn't be viable to include Womens footy as part of the Premier Division structure - there's a vast difference between the womens teams at the Premier Division clubs; and clubs like Wollongong, Newtown Breakaways and Mac Uni clearly belong in the top womens' comp.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Regular in the Side
    Wouldn�t it make sense for clubs with 4 opens men�s teams to play their 3rds and 4ths in the platinum comp? eg SU, UTS, Penno. That was suggested in that mock structure mooted in this site.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Boy View Post
    Wouldn�t it make sense for clubs with 4 opens men�s teams to play their 3rds and 4ths in the platinum comp? eg SU, UTS, Penno. That was suggested in that mock structure mooted in this site.
    Past experience would suggest some clubs hungry for silverware would exploit things - perhaps this is why. UTS would have screamed blue murder if they were made to play in the plat comp btw.

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Past experience would suggest some clubs hungry for silverware would exploit things - perhaps this is why. UTS would have screamed blue murder if they were made to play in the plat comp btw.
    Correct Tara. For the first time since divisionalisation, the platinum teams who make finals will generally be playing the same team that they played in the home and away season.

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    I would think there will be a lot of clubs talking at present, proposed changes from all discussions arent going down well, being told and not consulted properly in a process I am hearing is a lot of the issue. Eg: I know of 5 prems clubs 100% which are adament 16 a side in 19's shouldnt be in place, the other clubs may agree but 5 are 100% against it.
    What is the issue with 16 a side in U19s? Why are they against it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Prems (or div 1 ) 19's was staying at 18 a side, with the Div 2 19's going to 16 a side. This supposedly is to encourage more teams to field stand alone teams rather than JV teams.
    If 2 players is the difference between fielding or not fielding a team you are cutting fine anyway.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast