Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: New Competition Structure for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Maybe the league will push to create a western sydney 'super club' with access to top facilities and the use of development officers paid for by the league to attract players and get word out into schools....and maybe those officers will pull on a super club guernsey on a Saturday.
    Sounds like a Magic idea

Quote Originally Posted by GallopingGoanna View Post
    Sounds like a Magic idea
    I know that the league wouldn't do this while it guttered an established club though.
    That would be MACshocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or cannibalising a RAMshackle local Under 18s squad.

If a Prems club cant raise 22 players to play 19's every week, they shouldn't be in Prems.
    I can understand if the Div 2 teams go to 16 a side plus bench (the bench should allow 6 players, so as not to penalise those clubs that can get full numbers).

With regard to 17y/o playing 19's a couple, of points:
    The academy pushes the 17 y/o to play 19's
    There are some kids just love playing footy and love playing 19's on Sat and 17's on sunday.
    It helps as a bit if a recruitment tool to get a couple of 17's playing the odd game in 19's, gives them a taste.
    When the fielding of a 19's team depends week in week out on playing 6-7 x 17's, then that is not good for either team.
    --

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    If a Prems club cant raise 22 players to play 19's every week, they shouldn't be in Prems.
    I can understand if the Div 2 teams go to 16 a side plus bench (the bench should allow 6 players, so as not to penalise those clubs that can get full numbers).

With regard to 17y/o playing 19's a couple, of points:
    The academy pushes the 17 y/o to play 19's
    There are some kids just love playing footy and love playing 19's on Sat and 17's on sunday.
    It helps as a bit if a recruitment tool to get a couple of 17's playing the odd game in 19's, gives them a taste.
    When the fielding of a 19's team depends week in week out on playing 6-7 x 17's, then that is not good for either team.
    --
    Yawn comment

It always amazes me that one of the "heartland" AFL areas of Sydney, the Eastern Suburbs, can only produce a single Under 19's team

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789