Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: New Competition Structure for 2018

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    red head - wears #11 I think. A known team builder and crowd puller in Sydney footy (and most other comps in the nation).

....Or has he tangled with Mac Uni previously ?
    He's had more clubs than Greg Norman, but I don't think Mac Uni is one of them.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Warming the Bench
    Luke Jarjoura

Didn't Luke jarjoura get a life time ban. And we wouldn't be welcome at mac uni

The Difference has done it again..... signed today official apparently, Rawlinson from Syd Uni Back to Easts.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Here's where I reckon everyone ends up. http://i65.tinypic.com/2hfjrra.png

Based on that, platinum is 5 div 1, 2 div 2 and platinum reserves is 4 div 3 and 3 div 4.

Where as div 1 is 5 div 2 and 3 div 3.

Surely be more cricket scores versing div 1/2 sides than div 2/3 sides.
    Yeah maybe, although there are some pretty average former div 1 sides in platinum and some decent old div 2 sides in the new div 1.

Reckon St George's 3's should go to div 1 too. Based on last year's efforts they'd make that transition pretty well.

Manly locked in a well credentialed coach as well, hopefully they treat this one a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber. View Post
    Yeah maybe, although there are some pretty average former div 1 sides in platinum and some decent old div 2 sides in the new div 1.
    Yup. But from my understanding platinum is only for those clubs. If you have a prems you can't also have a platinum.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber. View Post
    Reckon St George's 3's should go to div 1 too. Based on last year's efforts they'd make that transition pretty well.
    We would get flogged playing div 2 sides. We might be able to go close against the bottom few former div 3 sides but would get towled by your 3rds and any former div 2 side. In 2016 we didn't get close to bombers, camden or mac uni who did well in div 3 last year.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Yup. But from my understanding platinum is only for those clubs. If you have a prems you can't also have a platinum.
    It's basically a return to SFLand SFA days but with fancy names.

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    It's basically a return to SFLand SFA days but with fancy names.
    Yep

Its been quite for a week so I want to throughout a line and so what news we can share

1. UNSW are doing some exceptional recruiting - how are they getting these guns to the club $
    2. Eagles have recruited well from other teams - will that piss of the local players from last year? Are any of their older guys retiring?
    3. Is it true the wheels have fallen off Wests and St George
    4. Always the unknown will UTS have a 50% turnover again
    5. Penno are always quite - any upates from that black hole
    6. Manly - great new coach will they improve on last year
    7. Lots of talk about Camden but no transfers to them at this stage, but a few to Campbelltown?
    8. What about some plutonium updates - has the new strucutre supported recruiting for Penrith, Power, Mac Unit etc or been a negative?

Almost Football Legend
    Penno play their cards close to their chest at this time of year. So do North Shore. But they'll both be up there at the business end of the year.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

How many players in the lower grade of north shore want to travel to blacktown to train and play???