Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: New Competition Structure for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttsy View Post
    The chance for Most Clubs to Play their Senior teams together or have at least two Grouped together every week could only be a positive. Obviously the 19's would take some tinkering depending on team nominations but going off the current divisions teams are playing in I think its worth a go Attachment 2031
    From what I am hearing it is a done deal along the lines of Nuttsy's outline attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    From what I am hearing it is a done deal along the lines of Nuttsy's outline attached.
    My understanding was that no PD clubs would be in the 2nd tier competition. If they were, there would be little difference as the legal rorting would surely continue

Warming the Bench
    When is this going to be finalised?

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    You could almost make a case for three comps - Prems having 10 clubs of Seniors and Reserves, and 1st and 2nd Div having 8 & 7 clubs with Seniors and Reserves.

Promote and relegate between the 1st and 2nd Divisions.

Premier - the usual plus Camden if so be it.

1st Div - the highest ranking teams out of higher grades ie -

Blacktown
    Parra
    Mac Uni
    Sutherland
    Balmain (all D1)
    Penrith
    Sydney Uni
    UTS (all D2)

2nd Div -

Randwick (D2 but came from lower grades)
    SWS (D2)
    Wollondilly (D2)
    Pennant Hills (D2)
    Campbelltown (D3)
    Nor-West (D3)
    North Shore (D3)

Saves clubs from D3 coming up against the likes of Div 1 powerhouses where we'd likely see cricket scores, like my mob against Sutherland.
    That all makes sense .
    If you also add UNSW thirds and fourths with StG thirds/bye you would have 3 comps of 9
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmer View Post
    That all makes sense .
    If you also add UNSW thirds and fourths with StG thirds/bye you would have 3 comps of 9
    I would have the second tier comp without any PD clubs in it, so the 6 listed by PK and a couple from either Nor-West, Campbelltown, Randwick and Moorebank.

I need to start charging as a consultant. I put my idea for restructure up in 2008 and it was implemented the following year!

[QUOTE=Pekay;740933]I need to start charging as a consultant. I put my idea for restructure up in 2008 and it was implemented the following year![/QUOTE

Good , now that next years structure is all fixed, can you come up with a fair set of rules around players qualifying for lower grade finals?
    The current ones , while I'm sure were introduced in good faith, seem well weighted towards the super clubs' .
    Your next project Pekay.
    ????
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

I was wondering how you got your gob on the official Phelan night photos. Now I see that it was a picture of SFL movers and shakers..!

I need to start charging as a consultant. I put my idea for restructure up in 2008 and it was implemented the following year!
    I was wondering how you got your gob in the official Phelan night photos. Now l see that you were photographed with all the other SFL movers and shakers.!

[QUOTE=Benchwarmer;740934]
    I need to start charging as a consultant. I put my idea for restructure up in 2008 and it was implemented the following year![/QUOTE

Good , now that next years structure is all fixed, can you come up with a fair set of rules around players qualifying for lower grade finals?
    The current ones , while I'm sure were introduced in good faith, seem well weighted towards the super clubs' .
    Your next project Pekay.
    ????
    Isn't is as simple as changing the number of qualifying games for clubs with more than 2 teams ie for for your third, fourth or even fifth team to qualify for finals selection you can not play more than 4 (or even 3) games in divisions above your grade and must have played at least 6 games. This would stop clubs sacrificing their their second or third team after 9 rounds and thinking of qualifying players in the lower grades. ie with UTS Div 4 (fourth team) once a player has played 4 games in Division 1 or 2 they can not be selected for finals. This means clubs like Campbelltown, South West and Nor West as examples would not play a completely different UTS, Penno, Syd Uni teams in the finals to the one they played in the home and away.

P.S. I still think the change from Divisionalisation is wrong and a change like above would stop the "super clubs" manipulating the system for Premiership wins in the lower grades.

[QUOTE=Tom Wills;740959]
    Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmer View Post

Isn't is as simple as changing the number of qualifying games for clubs with more than 2 teams ie for for your third, fourth or even fifth team to qualify for finals selection you can not play more than 4 (or even 3) games in divisions above your grade and must have played at least 6 games. This would stop clubs sacrificing their their second or third team after 9 rounds and thinking of qualifying players in the lower grades. ie with UTS Div 4 (fourth team) once a player has played 4 games in Division 1 or 2 they can not be selected for finals. This means clubs like Campbelltown, South West and Nor West as examples would not play a completely different UTS, Penno, Syd Uni teams in the finals to the one they played in the home and away.

P.S. I still think the change from Divisionalisation is wrong and a change like above would stop the "super clubs" manipulating the system for Premiership wins in the lower grades.
    If my understanding is correct, there would be the two tiers, followed by the lower grades. In the second tier (non-prem div sides), at least those 8 or so clubs would know that their first grade side would be similar (barring injuries of course) that the team they played during the year would be the one they play in finals. In regards to the lower divisions (I'm talking the ones below PD/Reserves and Prem B/ reserves) a possible solution would be that if players had played more games in a higher grade, they would be ineligible to drop down, instead of the current system of "9 or more games". Always seems to be a mountain of players in PD clubs that have played 8 games in a higher division and a lot less in lower grades.

I assume you're talking about 2014? That was the last one I attended. Accepted the McFarlane on behalf of one of my boys.

- - - Updated - - -

The super unis of UTS and SU fielded teams completely different to the ones we faced less than a month previous on multiple occasions. We faced SU and they didn't even have Chas or Barnesy playing, two of their best contributors. Makes you wonder what the point is.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast