Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Round 18 - August 19-20

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Props to the div 1 umpires at mac uni. Spent more time watching water runners and making sure they came on at appropriate times with proper uniform than the actual game.
    I don't see your point - Your club must be responsible for that - Check the rules
    Your only water runner at the Prems game yesterday was wearing dress pants and shoes - Not a good look for a 1st grade game

As I said before - The clubs are the one's who should lift the standard

Props to the div 1 umpires at mac uni. Spent more time watching water runners and making sure they came on at appropriate times with proper uniform than the actual game.
    Better they do it on the weekend to prepare for finals, where it's pretty clear what they need to wear and only come on after goals.

True. I guess just upset they cared more about that stuff than getting decisions correct. That said, they prob get div 3 finals so doesnt matter as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubman View Post
    I don't see your point - Your club must be responsible for that - Check the rules
    Your only water runner at the Prems game yesterday was wearing dress pants and shoes - Not a good look for a 1st grade game

As I said before - The clubs are the one's who should lift the standard
    Is that not lifting the standard? Probably dont see dress pants and "shoes" often out that way.

Don't know how you keep doing it, but you manage to make yourself sound like a bigger tosser by the day. Commenting on the perceived poor quality of the lower grades when you'd be lucky to be emergency if you weren't Div 4 coach. And now socioeconomic comments.

I reckon i could make parras div 3 side

You do occasionally come out with some funny gear though, I'll give you that.
    Maybe you have a mental illness. Like a cool, reasonably functionable one

Thank you for the compliment.

I see another Manly junior has racked up a huge game. Last week it was 18 year old jarrod Osborne with 41 disposals. This week it was 17 year old Sam wicks with 41 disposals, 8 clearances, 8 tackles, 7 marks and 2 goals, playing for manly prems against western suburbs.

Is that not lifting the standard? Probably dont see dress pants and "shoes" often out that way.
    YOU DON"T GET IT DO YOU
    The thing is SYDNEY Footy needs to lift the standard and that starts with the clubs themselves. PREMS CLUBS - As they are the benchmark for Sydney AFL ON and OFF the field.
    So if it means a water runner needs to dress as to the rules so he should. What the AFL has to start doing is big fines. So you get it right.
    I am not involved with any club but go to games on weekends to watch footy. My old club Newtown has long gone.
    Your club St George needs to look in the mirror because they need a big catch-up in how to present themselves.

Far be it for me to stick up for Saints but it is hard enough to get players to wear the right shorts let alone have all water runners attired correctly. I don't know what it was like back in the day but running a football club in 2017 is akin to herding cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubman View Post
    YOU DON"T GET IT DO YOU
    The thing is SYDNEY Footy needs to lift the standard and that starts with the clubs themselves. PREMS CLUBS - As they are the benchmark for Sydney AFL ON and OFF the field.
    So if it means a water runner needs to dress as to the rules so he should. What the AFL has to start doing is big fines. So you get it right.
    I am not involved with any club but go to games on weekends to watch footy. My old club Newtown has long gone.
    Your club St George needs to look in the mirror because they need a big catch-up in how to present themselves.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    Far be it for me to stick up for Saints but it is hard enough to get players to wear the right shorts let alone have all water runners attired correctly. I don't know what it was like back in the day but running a football club in 2017 is akin to herding cats.
    And i bet u uni bloke offer a degree in herding cats along with ter points lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast