Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 22 Adelaide V Sydney. Adelaide Oval 19.50 pm. Or 19.20 ACST.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    I've come around to us winning tonight. I feel sorry for Newman missing, but also see that he has been out of position the past couple of weeks, and that the structure needs to be looked after. Towers has earnt his position, and with J. McVeigh in such good form, there's no room on the HB flank for Newman. Who would have thought that our back seven would look so settled after the shambles of earlier in the year? I'm looking forward to seeing Tippett take on the game tonight. He should be tapering nicely for the finals with a few games under his belt. It's also interesting that all the talk about how slow the Swans are has disappeared. Our spread is really good, which is giving us good transitions along the edges, which in turn opens up the corridor for the runners and 45 kicks from the half back flank later in quarters. Very excited for tonight. Swans by 12.
    I think Newman was left out more as a precaution. They'd play him at a pinch but not before. The use of Newman, Lloyd, Jones & Macca to all run from the flanks and then through the mids has proved very hard for opposition teams to stop. The fact they all deliver pretty well makes it even more dangerous. I wonder just what the make up of a finals team would be. So far Harry is nowhere near ready. does towers come out? Id Hayward ready for the rough and tumble of an AFL finals campaign?

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    I think Adelaide will win this by about 12 points. Such a result would be inconclusive.

Adelaide were the last side to lose a game at the start of this season and Sydney were the last side to win a game. Here we are, less than four months later and so much has changed. Adelaide have been the best-performed side over the whole season and Sydney have performed best over the last 15 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    But losing will probably mean we will finish 5th and knowing our luck Hawthorn will finish 8th and we will be knocked out in the first week of finals!!
    Won't happen. So many results would have to be just right for Hawthorn to make the finals.

The only sides in the top eight that Hawthorn can pass are Melbourne and West Coast, and the Bulldogs, Essendon and St Kilda are all above Hawthorn. These five sides have to lose a LOT of games and Hawthorn have to win both. I have already posted analysis in the Finals thread. Summary: Essendon will make the finals, not Hawthorn.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Just wild about Harry
    If we end up 4th, we probably have to play an away final against Adelaide, then if we manage to win that, we only play 2 games in 4 weeks as per the problems with last year's final series. If we end up 5th, we play a home final - not too bad a result. This means that I can rationalise a loss easier.

Veterans List
    Still windy with occasional heavy showers here. Hopefully no rain tonight but ball will be slippery.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    If we end up 4th, we probably have to play an away final against Adelaide, then if we manage to win that, we only play 2 games in 4 weeks as per the problems with last year's final series. If we end up 5th, we play a home final - not too bad a result. This means that I can rationalise a loss easier.
    If this occurs, visions of 2012. That went ok. Also Prelim would be at SCG. Still best case scenario I reckon.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    If we end up 4th, we probably have to play an away final against Adelaide, then if we manage to win that, we only play 2 games in 4 weeks as per the problems with last year's final series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    If this occurs, visions of 2012. That went ok. Also Prelim would be at SCG. Still best case scenario I reckon.
    More like 2003, albeit against Port.

I see it but I don't believe it!!!!!
    C'mon Chels!

Rumours that sloane will be a late withdrawal

Veterans List
    Had the 2012 QF on Fox this arvo - glorious viewing.

Less than 2 hours before first bounce and it's raining in North Adelaide close to AO. ??

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Yep, a prelim at the SCG is the killer point in favour of a top 4 finish.

No late changes

Veterans List
    Titus O'Rielly on tonights game: "A good Friday night game! Exciting stuff, although the absence of any Victorian sides makes you wonder who the Channel Seven commentary team will barrack for.

I�m sure they�ll work Patrick Dangerfield into the coverage by mentioning he used to play for the Crows a few thousand times.

I fondly remember a time when commentators appeared neutral and didn�t go over the top trying to inject their �personality� into the call.

What surprises me most is the commentators that try the hardest to inject their personalities, have the worst ones.

There�s obviously some natural law that the worse the personality, the more it will be displayed. I call this the BT Equation." Great stuff, except for Titus's last bit which I omitted because he tipped the Crows.......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Had the 2012 QF on Fox this arvo - glorious viewing.
    If I remember correctly, Tippett played great for the Crows that night and kept them in it......for awhile.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast