Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 22 Adelaide V Sydney. Adelaide Oval 19.50 pm. Or 19.20 ACST.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    On a more positive note for Hayward, he was one of our top players in terms of pressure acts. The effort is definitely there, but it's hard when you're considerably smaller than your opponents.

He might have to make way for a Cunningham come finals unfortunately
    To be fair it was only one poster who was outright abusive towards Hayward. I think the general feeling is that he is probably not quite physically ready for finals and he has had some very very quiet games against more physical opponents. Nothing wrong there that another pre-season or two won't address, on the whole he has had a brilliant first season.

I think Cunningham would be a safer option, bigger bodied and very pacey who can help defend from the front.

I think we absolutely need Naismith as our number 1 tap ruckman, him for Sinclair seems most likely.

Labelling reasoned debate for Towers as "towers hate" is ridiculous, he's not let us down and played some good footy but you'd think it comes down to him or Newman right now not even considering Aliir coming back for structural reasons, seeing Mills have to try and play on Jenkins did make me wonder if Aliir was still a chance.

All premiership winning clubs will have 3-4 players with 15 or so games who will feel unlucky on missing the GF, IF it is us then I'd say Hayward, Towers and Sinclair may be the unfortunates for us.

With the exception of Jones who may take a week it would be logical for the tough decisions to be made this week and I expect the side v Carlton to be our finals starting 22 (excluding Jones and injuries).

Quote Originally Posted by treespirit View Post
    I loved his comment that we got "reamed with the rough end of the pineapple" by the umpiring. I gave up on the C7 commentary and switched to SEN and they were commenting on the umpiring during the game.
    I listened to that as well. He said that there were a dozen decisions that went against us.

Longmire would be mad to tinker too much with the current side after this run. Minimal changes from now on.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    The dream 3 GF umpires would be Bill Deller, Harry Beitzel and probably the best ever, Glenn James. Then we'd see great officiating. These three make todays umpires look like complete cheating amateurs.....
    Just so you know Glen James hated South Melbourne. He never told me why but he did tell me he hated us. He was a teacher at my school. I had bets with him on the footy. Mainly for Ice creams but south got on a roll one time and I got a few dollars of him with double or nothing bets. This is 100 percent true.

"Now let's go and sing the song with the Sydney Swans."
    *Gives the most unconvincing grin in human history*
    Last edited by bloodsbigot; 20th August 2017 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    "Now let's go and sing the song with the Sydney Swans."
    *Gives the most unconvincing grin in human history*
    Haha. Speaking through his gritted teeth. He doesn't look happy. He should've put $10 on us when we were 100:1, that would have made him smile.

Surely jones won't get suspended for that bump? Low impact to the body, right? He got right up and played on.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    To be fair it was only one poster who was outright abusive towards Hayward. I think the general feeling is that he is probably not quite physically ready for finals and he has had some very very quiet games against more physical opponents. Nothing wrong there that another pre-season or two won't address, on the whole he has had a brilliant first season.

I think Cunningham would be a safer option, bigger bodied and very pacey who can help defend from the front.

I think we absolutely need Naismith as our number 1 tap ruckman, him for Sinclair seems most likely.

Labelling reasoned debate for Towers as "towers hate" is ridiculous, he's not let us down and played some good footy but you'd think it comes down to him or Newman right now not even considering Aliir coming back for structural reasons, seeing Mills have to try and play on Jenkins did make me wonder if Aliir was still a chance.

All premiership winning clubs will have 3-4 players with 15 or so games who will feel unlucky on missing the GF, IF it is us then I'd say Hayward, Towers and Sinclair may be the unfortunates for us.

With the exception of Jones who may take a week it would be logical for the tough decisions to be made this week and I expect the side v Carlton to be our finals starting 22 (excluding Jones and injuries).
    Good analysis MP. Still not sure Hayward will be left out. Has a touch of magic about him and doesn't need many possessions. Pressure is almost always good. Agree Tippett was solid v Crows but wouldn't overly bother me if Sinclair is preferred. Always gives 110 per cent and is no slouch.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    Just so you know Glen James hated South Melbourne. He never told me why but he did tell me he hated us. He was a teacher at my school. I had bets with him on the footy. Mainly for Ice creams but south got on a roll one time and I got a few dollars of him with double or nothing bets. This is 100 percent true.
    He was a really good umpire and respected by all the players. May be wrong but I think he has been the one and only indigenous ump?

Veterans List
    Right from his first contest I could see Will didn't like the hard contact they directed at him. Same happened against Hawthorn. Pretty much the same stats. At times when he was going to take possession he snatched at the footy and the ball turned over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    Surely jones won't get suspended for that bump? Low impact to the body, right? He got right up and played on.
    The problem is that Jones has 2 fines, so any reportable offense would draw a 1 week suspension. Otherwise you wouldn't think there would be a problem.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    I believe you....but also believe that he was very professional and wouldn't have let this 'bias' affect the way he saw things on the ground, unlike today's scumpires....IMO he was a great umpire.