Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 22 Adelaide V Sydney. Adelaide Oval 19.50 pm. Or 19.20 ACST.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Once he had ball in hand and was in full flight, it was very skilful and composed to finish as he did.
    That was right in front of me, superb piece of play by Papley. I was incredibly impressed by his composure, and in such a young and inexperienced player. We are so fortunate that the Swans took him as a last thought in the rookie draft for last year.

Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    He's baiting.
    That's a cheap unimaginative comment. It's also BS.

Incredibly lucky or pure skill?!

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    A different angle of Papley's winning goal. Incredibly lucky or pure skill?!

Yeah good question. It reminded of a long cross/switch from a premier league footballer, deftly handled by the receiver. You can see Papley cushion the ball by dropping his shoulder and it drops into his path. Brilliant

Veteran Site Admin
    Watching that Papley footage again, that was a very nice shepherd by Talia on Brown. He manages to trip over his own feet and block Brown all in the same movement. Very decent of him.

Fine observation there Liz , it's a pretty critical own trip creating the block .
    Paps could have run right to the goal line but he may have been too exhausted to.

OMG! 7 days of whinging Crows supporters daily crapping on about the Eddie Betts decision is about enough! I started by smiling and nodding - hardly worth the angst. But eventually I had to point out that while may well have been that Mills played on, until the umpires actually call it you can't tackle him. I didn't think it was a had concept, but then I realised that the IQ of fruit tingle supporters drops by 1 for every 10km west of the Vic/SA border they reside.

Ok, the logic of waiting until the umpire blows the whistle obviously doesn't apply (and I'm loathe to point out that taking off before the starters gun in a sprint would similarly get you disqualified).

So my next observation was the lopsided free kick count. Not Weller received either. Countered by the "if we kicked straight ..." argument.

Well & good but if we continued to pile on the goals like we did in the first quarter we'd have won by 40 goals.

sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    But eventually I had to point out that while may well have been that Mills played on, until the umpires actually call it you can't tackle him.
    Indeed. This was a case of Betts being too quick for his own good.

Only just managed to sort out my log in so delayed post but needed to say how great it was to be at this match. I'm still buzzing - and topped up by the 10 goal effort from Buddy on the weekend. I hope we go REAL deep in September but I'll remember the season fondly having been able to watch this game live Thanks Swannies!

Regular in the Side
    I cannot understand why Buddy did not even get one vote from the coaches.
    AFLCA votes, round 22: Danger closes the gap - AFL.com.au
    ADELAIDE v SYDNEY
    7 Matt Crouch (Adel)
    7 Dane Rampe (Syd)
    6 Rory Sloane (Adel)
    5 Josh Kennedy (Syd)
    4 Mitch McGovern (Adel)
    1 Luke Parker (Syd)

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    That's a cheap unimaginative comment. It's also BS.
    We're still waiting for you to enlighten us about Dean Towers - why won't he be dropped? He was dropped for the final series last year.

Regular in the Side
    Towers cannot be relied upon under pressure ... finals equal pressure ... skill level is simply not there when it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    We're still waiting for you to enlighten us about Dean Towers - why won't he be dropped? He was dropped for the final series last year.
    His form and the role he is playing... And most importantly he is part of a team that is the most in-form of the league.

He's in the team, therefore if you want disruptive changes you need to present credible alternatives, not BS.