Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 22 Adelaide V Sydney. Adelaide Oval 19.50 pm. Or 19.20 ACST.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Kirk View Post
    Am I the only one that is getting the grand final feels, the umpires are never gonna let us win this.
    Agree

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Definitely have to get Heeney off Sloane. We need him to be making play.

3 quick goals to them and Betts having a shot. Phew he missed. (His goal earlier should have been in the back but he got away with it yet again).

We are fumbling heaps now. Can't handle the pressure. It started with Hayward and has spread to the others.

We need halftime to come!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Agree on the fumbling. Its not been around in recent weeks so what the? Time to unleash George on Sloane.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

We're winning the centre clearances for once! But they're smashing us in the free kicks, wonder what we can do about that?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Adelaide lifted their pressure in Q2 but we've held on. I think they are rotating on Sloane - Heeney and Jones have both had a go. Where is Hewett?
    Need to send it forward more often, but with Adelaide manning up as they did in Q2 easier said than done. I didn't see possession figures but Adelaide seems to have the edge in forward 50 entries, and also seem better at having someone there to take it.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Hewitt to Sloane and Heeney set free......and the umpires take a good hard look at themselves! Free kick count 14-5.....WTF?

Veterans List
    Will is struggling. Looks a bit worried about body contact. 2 goals to them from his in ability to grasp the footy. Play him out of the square.

14 frees to 5 at half time and Roos just said the Crows have been stiff a few times.

We need to reset and get back to close tackling footy. Some fumbles at critical times.

I reckon Heeney has been too much of an individual. Trying to do it himself when he has footy instead of looking for an option. Can't barge through every time mate.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Definitely have to get Heeney off Sloane. We need him to be making play.

3 quick goals to them and Betts having a shot. Phew he missed. (His goal earlier should have been in the back but he got away with it yet again).

We are fumbling heaps now. Can't handle the pressure. It started with Hayward and has spread to the others.

We need halftime to come!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Yes, yes, yes and thankfully it's come.

The Betts goal was a replay of the winning goal he kicked against us in round 1 or 2 last season. Not a push but a clear hand in the back.

And yes, all our players are starting to fumble now.

On the positive side, we expended a lot of energy with our pressure in the first quarter but the Crows would have done the same in the second. Their pressure was superb in that quarter but the game is going to ebb and flow plenty more times yet tonight.

I really had no idea whether the team could match it with the Crows given they're a class above anything we've played recently (noting that the Giants and Cats were significantly weakened). They've shown that they deserve to be on the same page as the Crows in discussions about contenders, which is encouraging regardless of whether we get the four points tonight or not.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Fumbles and poor decisions from Hayward have cost us a couple of goals.

Need a better contest from him.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    We're winning the centre clearances for once! But they're smashing us in the free kicks, wonder what we can do about that?
    It's blatant now, the AFL wants the Crows to win.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Hewitt to Sloane and Heeney set free......and the umpires take a good hard look at themselves! Free kick count 14-5.....WTF?
    Grundy in the back, Jones high and Hewett in a sleeper hold all in the last couple of minutes.

Senior Player
    Heeney forward - Hewitt on to Sloane. We are still in front - the umps may even up in the last half

Starting to be reminded of some of the battles that we had in WA, against the Eagles in the mid-noughties. High pressure scrapping throughout the night, while being flogged in the free kick count, yet we would usually win the close ones.

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast