Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 22 Adelaide V Sydney. Adelaide Oval 19.50 pm. Or 19.20 ACST.

Match Day Thread Rnd 22 Adelaide V Sydney. Adelaide Oval 19.50 pm. Or 19.20 ACST.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

Should be a cracker. Swans by 1pt. Go Swannies!

Interesting that whenever Swans beat Crows it is not a close margin. Hoping they smash again tonight!!
    Go Swans!!

Nerves, nerves go away!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Nerves, nerves go away!!

Slightly funny feeling about this one. Would love to win but may be meaningless re top 4. Then again maybe not.

I think there is so much on the line with this game. Adelaide will be desperate to win after the final last year. We need the win to shore up 4/5/6 spot and get at least one home final.

I've come around to us winning tonight. I feel sorry for Newman missing, but also see that he has been out of position the past couple of weeks, and that the structure needs to be looked after. Towers has earnt his position, and with J. McVeigh in such good form, there's no room on the HB flank for Newman. Who would have thought that our back seven would look so settled after the shambles of earlier in the year? I'm looking forward to seeing Tippett take on the game tonight. He should be tapering nicely for the finals with a few games under his belt. It's also interesting that all the talk about how slow the Swans are has disappeared. Our spread is really good, which is giving us good transitions along the edges, which in turn opens up the corridor for the runners and 45 kicks from the half back flank later in quarters. Very excited for tonight. Swans by 12.

Winning only gives an outside chance at top 4. Losing means we may end up 6th rather than 5th, so really the result doesn't matter too much.

- - - Updated - - -

I.e. just enjoy the game

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Winning only gives an outside chance at top 4. Losing means we may end up 6th rather than 5th, so really the result doesn't matter too much.

- - - Updated - - -

I.e. just enjoy the game
    Wouldn't it at least give us some indication to where the team was at?

- - - Updated - - -

I.e. just enjoy the game
    As long as we don't get smashed the result may not matter. I'd still rather we won than not, given that we've beaten every other finalist except the Crows this year. Think a full strength GWS are going to give us a lot of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Burra View Post
    Maybe better to try some new things against the Crows.
    May end up in a loss, but the benefit of that might be a false sense of security if we play them again in the finals.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by Burra View Post
    We know where the team is at. We are last year's grand finalist (premier if it wasn't for umps) backing up with the best run of wins in 2017.
    We are in it up to our necks and only the cruel bounce of the ball, an umps bad call, a wayward knee, is all that can stop us.
    Let's wrap up this H&A and get stuck into finals.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

I.e. just enjoy the game
    But losing will probably mean we will finish 5th and knowing our luck Hawthorn will finish 8th and we will be knocked out in the first week of finals!! Again by Hawthorn!! A win tonight would be good.

Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast