Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 21: Gold Coast Suns Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves @ Metricon Stadium

Veterans List
    Think Florent and Leonardis were in the wrong guernsey number!

Not sure where he plays or who he replaces but I just feel that we'd be a better side with Aliir playing rather than languishing in the reserves. Maybe drop a ruckman or Towers or both!

Veteran Site Admin
    Massive final quarter by the Swans. Makes you wonder whether the Suns' fitness is up to scratch, though the disparity in the number of listed vs top up players could also explain the Suns dropping away towards the end of the game.

I wonder if Rose has done enough to win himself a senior game next week?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

I wonder if Rose has done enough to win himself a senior game next week?
    Rose has had a great second half of the season and has been very consistent with his performances, which Longmire really likes. He seems to be worth a shot in lieu of either Towers or Hayward. I like that Rose has a bit of moxie in him. We might have to find a replacement for Jones as he's a strong possibility of getting a 3rd fine, hence a 1 match suspension.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Best Players: J. Rose, B. Jack, T. Leonardis, A. Aliir, D. Robinson, S. Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Rose has had a great second half of the season and has been very consistent with his performances, which Longmire really likes. He seems to be worth a shot in lieu of either Towers or Hayward. I like that Rose has a bit of moxie in him. We might have to find a replacement for Jones as he's a strong possibility of getting a 3rd fine, hence a 1 match suspension.
    Rose for Hayward isn't crazy. Rose seems to have been consistently in the bests in the last few weeks. Can put on pressure and kick goals, right?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Rose for Hayward isn't crazy. Rose seems to have been consistently in the bests in the last few weeks. Can put on pressure and kick goals, right?
    Rose was utterly underwhelming when he played earlier in the season, but credit to him, he's been consistently our best at NEAFL level over the last a couple of months. They'll be tempted at least. Selection will be interesting this week.

Towers and Hayward both greater than Rose.

I think the only 2's that have a chance at seniors this year are Cunningham, Allir and Dawson. Draw a line through the rest

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I agree with barry regarding Rose. I don't think he's close to senior selection

However in addition to those 3 named I think Robinson, Laidler and as much as many would disagree Foote would also be on the fringes

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

However in addition to those 3 named I think Robinson, Laidler and as much as many would disagree Foote would also be on the fringes
    What does Rose have to do that he is not doing now to get selected Ugg? On the face if it he is going great guns.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

How do we know if Rose would not be better than Towers or Hayward unless we give him a go? Same with Dawson. And if consistent high quality NEAFL form is not a measure of how we make selections for injured our under-performing senior players, then what is?

I would think that Cunningham would be the logical choice to replace Hayward if our match committee feel he isn't hard bodied enough for finals. Quick, strong and plays the lock down role well up forward.

We've got a number of players in the twos making a case for senior selection but ultimately they need to make the senior team better. The only players I can see as being under threat are Towers, Hayward, Newman and one of Sinclair/Tippett.

One thing is for sure, we're going to have a number of players coming back for pre-season training trying to smash it for senior selection - Florent, Dawson, Cameron, Maibaum, Aliir, Robbo and Rose for starters. It's a very very healthy situation for our squad

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I would think that Cunningham would be the logical choice to replace Hayward if our match committee feel he isn't hard bodied enough for finals. Quick, strong and plays the lock down role well up forward.

We've got a number of players in the twos making a case for senior selection but ultimately they need to make the senior team better. The only players I can see as being under threat are Towers, Hayward, Newman and one of Sinclair/Tippett.

One thing is for sure, we're going to have a number of players coming back for pre-season training trying to smash it for senior selection - Florent, Dawson, Cameron, Maibaum, Aliir, Robbo and Rose for starters. It's a very very healthy situation for our squad
    Add AJ to that list too

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast