Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your Swans superstitions?

What are your Swans superstitions?

Many of us have our own superstitions that get out boys over the line. What's yours?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Many of us have our own superstitions that get out boys over the line. What's yours?
    I always have to wear my Grundy top or jumper. Not really superstitious tho.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Definitely the R M Williams red and white striped shirt. It had a rough baptism but has functioned remarkably well ever since.

And don't forget a former logger on this site - Lucky Knickers.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I used to pat the Paul Kelly statue on the head each home game, then we lost the first 6 games, I started patting the statue on the butt and we started winning again.

I used to not sing the club song unless we won. In the end I felt I wasn't enjoying the pre-game excitement as much - now my young boys and I sing it all the time (it is not great as a calming song before bedtime, but it gets a run as part of the routine anyway - as does the 'Up there for Sydney' song, even though I have been singing the words wrong - mine are better).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    At the 2005 GF I had seat number 12 which is my lucky number. However my dad had seat number 13 which he refused to sit in because of the bad luck associated with it. So I reluctantly swapped seats. We know what happened after that ????.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Every time I have tipped them this year they have lost. Needless to say my tipping had been horrible the last 15 rounds as I have been tipping against us

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Every time I have tipped them this year they have lost. Needless to say my tipping had been horrible the last 15 rounds as I have been tipping against us

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Keep up the good work.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Thank you for your sacrifice RogueSwan

I'm the same Matt10. Only sing after a win (but with gusto). I've got a Swans playlist on my iPod and it really only gets listened to in the off season, or for about a week straight after the last games of 2005 & 2012.

I've got half a dozen pairs of satin Swans pj bottoms for footy season & I change them each time they lose (though I've had to adapt the policy with the 2017 winning streak to same-day-wash-dry-wear for hygiene purposes ). And I wear a different Swans tie to work the day immediately after a win ... I've got 31 different Swans ties so I can usually go a couple of seasons without doubling up. And I refuse to initiate football talk about the Swans during the season. It seems to be fine if others start, but not if I do. Take my 1980 bought scarf to every game I attend (though it doesn't always come out). Always wear Swans gear when I watch them (even on TV - which is most times since I'm stuck in SA). And very nearly banned Goswannette from games outside of SA as she didn't attend a winning one ... until last year in Hobart ... jinx broken so I think it's ok to take her now.

But I'm not superstitious

Warming the Bench
    I am now in a dilemma about attending Swans Grand finals, out of the recent 5 they have played in, I attended the 3 losing ones, so now I feel I might be the JINX, might be better if I stay home????????

Veterans List
    Believe it or not I don't wear anything red and white to games. Stopped doing it in the 90's when we were getting flogged. Got to say it has worked a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Thank you for your sacrifice RogueSwan

I'm the same Matt10. Only sing after a win (but with gusto). I've got a Swans playlist on my iPod and it really only gets listened to in the off season, or for about a week straight after the last games of 2005 & 2012.

I've got half a dozen pairs of satin Swans pj bottoms for footy season & I change them each time they lose (though I've had to adapt the policy with the 2017 winning streak to same-day-wash-dry-wear for hygiene purposes ). And I wear a different Swans tie to work the day immediately after a win ... I've got 31 different Swans ties so I can usually go a couple of seasons without doubling up. And I refuse to initiate football talk about the Swans during the season. It seems to be fine if others start, but not if I do. Take my 1980 bought scarf to every game I attend (though it doesn't always come out). Always wear Swans gear when I watch them (even on TV - which is most times since I'm stuck in SA). And very nearly banned Goswannette from games outside of SA as she didn't attend a winning one ... until last year in Hobart ... jinx broken so I think it's ok to take her now.

But I'm not superstitious
    You know, one reason why I like this site, is that it can make my own Swans obsession, seem really quite mild.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast