Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R23 v Blues

Changes for R23 v Blues

With Naismith likely to come back back in, I suspect Tippo will hold his place due to needing the game time to get his fitness back up, rather than anything else.

If this is the case, then that'll be a bit tough on 'Nearly There', who's performed pretty well over the past month or so.

Towers...He has shown consistently, he can't perform in big games when the heat is on.

For mine...

OUT : Sinclair, Towers

IN : Naismith, Dawson

Probably just wishful thinking on my part but I would love to see Dawson rewarded.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    With Naismith likely to come back back in, I suspect Tippo will hold his place due to needing the game time to get his fitness back up, rather than anything else.

If this is the case, then that'll be a bit tough on 'Nearly There', who's performed pretty well over the past month or so.

Towers...He has shown consistently, he can't perform in big games when the heat is on.

For mine...

OUT : Sinclair, Towers

IN : Naismith, Dawson

Probably just wishful thinking on my part but I would love to see Dawson rewarded.
    Deano gets a rough trot on this board, not always deservedly, but I too wonder about the pressure in finals. But it would be foolish now to throw Dawson in with virtually nil experience at Firsts level and the obvious one to return is Newman, provided he really is fit.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Deano gets a rough trot on this board, not always deservedly, but I too wonder about the pressure in finals. But it would be foolish now to throw Dawson in with virtually nil experience at Firsts level and the obvious one to return is Newman, provided he really is fit.
    I have to admit, I forgot about Newman.

But I'd still like to see Dawson given another chance at senior level...He's got all the tools and has been in great form.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Much as we'd love to see one last roll of the dice from Horse and his team to bring in Aliir or Dawson, it's not going to happen.

IN: Naismith, Newman
    OUT: Sinkers, Towers

I thought Hayward looked out of his depth v Crows so could handle Cunningham for Hayward if it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Much as we'd love to see one last roll of the dice from Horse and his team to bring in Aliir or Dawson, it's not going to happen.

IN: Naismith, Newman
    OUT: Sinkers, Towers

I thought Hayward looked out of his depth v Crows so could handle Cunningham for Hayward if it happened.
    I agree with the ins. Not so sure about the outs. I would have Robinson ahead of Cunningham for a recall. If Hayward does get dumped (I'd love to see us persist with him) then I think that's a reprieve for Towers.

Warming the Bench
    Do the reserves have a bye this week? If Naismith is fit he'll have to come in as it'll be his last chance for a run before finals.

In: Naismith, Newman
    Out: Sinclair/Tippett, Hayward

Great first year for Hayward but more mature bodies required for finals footy. Don't mind who goes out for Naismith

Veterans List
    I'm a huge fan but agreed Hayward looked out of his depth Friday night at finals pressure.

Naismith must come in if fit, he is our best ruckman, who goes out Tippett or Sinclair will be toss of the coin but Tippett needs the run more.

Towers has been underwhelming of late and deserves to be dropped but far too late to make the obvious other changes, start 0-6 and there's no luxury to try out guys in lesser games.

So Out Hayward, Sinclair In Newman, Naismith

I reckon Sinkers would do a better job defensively on Kreuzer than Sammy would so Sammy misses for me.

In. Cunningham/Newman
    Out. Towers

I still reckon we play best with only one ruck. Tippett is too slow to be playing as a forward. However, he can kick a goal or two as a ruck pushing forward making the opposition ruck defend.

Hayward struggled against Adelaide and will probably always be in our bottom 6 during the finals but I'm happy to keep him for his ability to find the goals every now and then.

Personally, I'd make the following changes:

Out: Sinkers
    In: Newman

I'd also be happy with Cunningham/Dawson/Aliir coming in for Towers.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Tippett is too slow to be playing as a forward
    He looked so slow against the crows last week, probably needs to lose a bit of bulk

Horse should have a full deck of players so expect any tough decisions to be made this week.

IN: Harry, Naismith, Newman
    OUT: Hayward, Sinclair, Towers

Three very good emergencies and tough on all three

OUT: Sweet Caroline
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast