Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zak Jones cleared

Regular in the Side

Zak Jones cleared

Great news from the MRP chook lotto. Zak has been cleared and is free to face Carlton. Not sufficient force in the impact to constitute a reportable offence.

Warming the Bench
    Great news. Should never have been a report or 50m penalty

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    Great news. Should never have been a report or 50m penalty
    Just another umpiring error from Friday night!

Agree, a mark/free kick should have been the only result. No 50 metre penalty and no report should have been given.

Would have been better if he got fined and suspended now if he gets fined he'll miss a final.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Would have been better if he got fined and suspended now if he gets fined he'll miss a final.
    I've already pointed this out a couple of times, but at the risk of repeating myself, nothing changes. Even if he had received a third fine and been rubbed out for a week, he'd still have been at risk of being suspended for a week for any subsequent minor transgressions. I guess that by not playing next week he at least would have been safe for the first final, but once he was back, he could miss a later final (if we get that far).

There is no "wiping clean" of the slate within a season. My understanding is that he'll start next season without the risk hanging over his head, though could still be susceptible to a "bad record loading" for an incident individually worthy of a week or more's suspension if he serves one further week (for a major or cumulative minor incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I've already pointed this out a couple of times, but at the risk of repeating myself, nothing changes. Even if he had received a third fine and been rubbed out for a week, he'd still have been at risk of being suspended for a week for any subsequent minor transgressions. I guess that by not playing next week he at least would have been safe for the first final, but once he was back, he could miss a later final (if we get that far).

There is no "wiping clean" of the slate within a season. My understanding is that he'll start next season without the risk hanging over his head, though could still be susceptible to a "bad record loading" for an incident individually worthy of a week or more's suspension if he serves one further week (for a major or cumulative minor incidents.
    During the whole Toby Greene thing this year it was mentioned that they take the last two years into account and if a player has been suspended for two matches of suspension the previous two years it counts as a bad record. He's already been suspended once that will carried to next year.

He would be a huge loss if he gets suspended during finals

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Agree, a mark/free kick should have been the only result. No 50 metre penalty and no report should have been given.
    It was pretty late, and with no attempt to spoil. I'm ok with the 50 being payed in those circumstances. The idea that it was a suspension or fine is ridiculous though. Glad to see that MRP has some common sense.

I thought Vince was a bit unlucky to be fined as well. On the slow motion it looked very bad, but at regular speed it looked like a fair attempt to spoil.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    It was pretty late, and with no attempt to spoil. I'm ok with the 50 being payed in those circumstances.
    Agreed. I would definitely be screaming "FIFTY" if someone hit one of our guys that late.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veteran Site Admin
    I agree it looked late, but it actually wasn't as the mark hadn't been completed.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Tribunal thought the incident was minor. Should have maybe been a free kick, but our wonderful umpires gave a free kick and 50m, No such rule exist, however new type of rule they brought in, that only applies to Sydney swans!!!

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Agreed. I would definitely be screaming "FIFTY" if someone hit one of our guys that late.
    In the first scoring shot in the 2016 gf Kieren Jack took a mark just inside the forward 50 and got cleaned up by Easton Wood. Wood was not in the marking contest and made no attempt to spoil. I was screaming 'FIFTY' but it was not paid.

Zaks effort on Friday night was in the same vain but he didn't hit Crouch that hard. To me, it was not a reportable offence and certainly not a 50 m penalty. Crouch missed the shot at goal and i thought 'that got what it deserved'. The crowd made a lot of noise when Zak ran into Crouch.

Who is umpiring this game? The umpire or the crowd?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast