Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Changes for R23 v Blues

I think the most logical and like for like replacement for McVeigh if he isn't with us next year is Florent.

He is the most McVeigh like at the club as far as having silky skills, a good footy brain and a similar size. He has more pace than Macca which is a plus and will no doubt move into the midfield like McVeigh did in his prime but i really feel that his game style could be like a Macca the more experienced and confidence he gets at the top level.

I think we've got a good one with him and after seeing him this year I am happy to eat my words when i was disappointed on draft day that we didn't draft Simpkin instead of Ollie!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I think the most logical and like for like replacement for McVeigh if he isn't with us next year is Florent.

He is the most McVeigh like at the club as far as having silky skills, a good footy brain and a similar size. He has more pace than Macca which is a plus and will no doubt move into the midfield like McVeigh did in his prime but i really feel that his game style could be like a Macca the more experienced and confidence he gets at the top level.

I think we've got a good one with him and after seeing him this year I am happy to eat my words when i was disappointed on draft day that we didn't draft Simpkin instead of Ollie!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Fair call TJ. It looks to me that McVeigh will move on to set up his future and we will get to play Florent, Dawson etc more often.

You are overthinking it. Put simply, Allir will come in, and we'll play a slight taller, more mobile backline.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011