Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R23 v Blues

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    OUT: Sweet Caroline
    +999999

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Deano gets a rough trot on this board, not always deservedly, but I too wonder about the pressure in finals.
    Disagree. He gets too soft a ride on ol' RWO.
    C'mon Chels!

Senior Player
    For mine.

In: Aliir, Newman.
    Out: Sinclair, Towers.
    C'mon Chels!

McVeigh in danger again. Had to be moved out of defense last week.
    While I concede he has played well lately, it's only been on small grounds with confined space. (SCG, skilled). He's a liability on big grounds.

If horse wants to win a flag this year, he need to make the calls that will win finals at the MCG.

In: nainsmith, Newman
    Out: tippet, mcveigh

It would be a brave coach who selected these two for another grand final at the MCG:

2014:
    McVeigh: 11 possessions
    Rohan: 7 possessions

2016:
    McVeigh: 12 possessions
    Rohan: 5 possessions

Another failure on the big day , if played, must be meet with dismissal from the club

I think Towers goes out for Newman most likely, altho on hte other hand Towers has played finals before. The ruck is a conundrum, Naismith hasn't played much this year, you really want to take battle hefdened men in to finals, so maybe Horse lets it be
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Senior Player
    Interesting conundrum as to who plays against Carlton.

Re the rucks, if Naismith is fit, he needs to play as there is a NEAFL bye. Okay, tick.

However, Tippett also needs match fitness so it would help if he does play, but then Sinclair misses out. However, what is the good of having 2 if you are going to get smashed in the hitouts anyway as we did against the crows? Why not being in a possession winning player instead (such as Aliir, who would benefit from a senior game)? So there is a good argument for not playing either Tippett or Sinclair, unless you are playing them as forwards. If you are doing that then Sinclair is probably the better bet because he can apply forward pressure.

So Naismith if fit a sure in, Sinclair the better forward, against getting Tippett fitter or Aliir. The coaches will have good fun figuring that out.

Then there is Hayward's poor form against the Crows. Personally I don't think he has the body or maturity for finals footy against a team like Adelaide that is very fast and phyisically strong. Newman should come in for him.

Then there is the other issue of Towers, Cunningham in form and fit is a better player and needs another game to be fully match fit. He also needs to play.

So, for mine, in Naismith, Newman, Cunningham and Aliir for Tippett, Sinclair, Hayward and Towers.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

I think our best team for the finals would be;

In:Newman, Cunningham Out:Towers, Hayward

If we were to go one ruck it would also be;
    In: Naismith, Aliir Out: Sinclair, Tippett
    Others keep it as it is.

If we are to potentially make 4 changes, it should start this weekend, especially since the 2nd's have a week off.

PS. I know this isn't going to happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    I think Towers goes out for Newman most likely, altho on hte other hand Towers has played finals before. The ruck is a conundrum, Naismith hasn't played much this year, you really want to take battle hefdened men in to finals, so maybe Horse lets it be
    With the last game of the year coming and finals approaching, I would like to see one dropped. Hayden Kennedy dropped as Umpiring chief of the AFL. Just talks about Buddy running too far and Mills not getting a call of play on. No mention of Josh Jenkins holding the ball at least 3 times or Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Interesting conundrum as to who plays against Carlton.

Re the rucks, if Naismith is fit, he needs to play as there is a NEAFL bye. Okay, tick.

However, Tippett also needs match fitness so it would help if he does play, but then Sinclair misses out. However, what is the good of having 2 if you are going to get smashed in the hitouts anyway as we did against the crows? Why not being in a possession winning player instead (such as Aliir, who would benefit from a senior game)? So there is a good argument for not playing either Tippett or Sinclair, unless you are playing them as forwards. If you are doing that then Sinclair is probably the better bet because he can apply forward pressure.

So Naismith if fit a sure in, Sinclair the better forward, against getting Tippett fitter or Aliir. The coaches will have good fun figuring that out.

Then there is Hayward's poor form against the Crows. Personally I don't think he has the body or maturity for finals footy against a team like Adelaide that is very fast and phyisically strong. Newman should come in for him.

Then there is the other issue of Towers, Cunningham in form and fit is a better player and needs another game to be fully match fit. He also needs to play.

So, for mine, in Naismith, Newman, Cunningham and Aliir for Tippett, Sinclair, Hayward and Towers.

Finally we have someone on here who has thought through the situation. Sadly though, you are 2 steps ahead of our distinguished head coach, so expect to be disappointed. The Swans website is already preparing us for a Naismith in for Sinclair solo change.

I will return for further comments, but right now, I find your genius so humbling, Scottee, that I have to take a break to compose myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Finally we have someone on here who has thought through the situation. Sadly though, you are 2 steps ahead of our distinguished head coach, so expect to be disappointed. The Swans website is already preparing us for a Naismith in for Sinclair solo change.

I will return for further comments, but right now, I find your genius so humbling, Scottee, that I have to take a break to compose myself.
    Scottee aka Ludwig

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Take it easy Ludwig, perhaps a Bex and a good lie down if you start palpitating
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast