Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R23 v Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Ludwig's strategy can't lose, we win the flag he's happy to be wrong, we don't and it's all because we didn't play "you know who".

I'm pretty happy with the job we've done over the last 15 games and I don't expect major changes
    Right on all counts,

except, if by some strange occurrence the match committee makes the changes I've suggested and we go on to lose and those players perform poorly. Then I'm a loser on all counts.

Changes for R23 v Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Right on all counts,

except, if by some strange occurrence the match committee makes the changes I've suggested and we go on to lose and those players perform poorly. Then I'm a loser on all counts.
    And never fear, we would remind you!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    And never fear, we would remind you!
    I would expect to take a real caning on this one, as everyone went far too easy on my Abe Davis blunder.

I would expect to take a real caning on this one, as everyone went far too easy on my Abe Davis blunder.
    Ah but we did quietly take note for future reference if required!

To be fair you did pump up Melican and Newman's tyres fairly regularly

Just quietly, I'm extra nervous. (They beat us in Round 6, remember.)
    I hope ruthless AND straight kicking at the big sticks turn up and we win by over 200.
    We need the percentage, and it'll be a bit scary for whoever we play in round 1 of the finals.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

So who is training in what strip colours?

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Just quietly, I'm extra nervous. (They beat us in Round 6, remember.)
    I hope ruthless AND straight kicking at the big sticks turn up and we win by over 200.
    We need the percentage, and it'll be a bit scary for whoever we play in round 1 of the finals.
    And no injuries! It would be great to go into a finals series with a fully fit 22/25
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 24th August 2017 at 03:42 PM.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    I think Allir gets the call up this week. If not then I reckon he is off elsewhere. Would be good trade bait. To me something is rotten in Denmark.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    AFL Photos - Galleries - AFL Photo Galleries

I see red, I see red, I see red (only).

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    No photos yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I think Allir gets the call up this week. If not then I reckon he is off elsewhere. Would be good trade bait. To me something is rotten in Denmark.
    Of course this is the rational move to make at this time. Any coach would have realised that we were beaten badly by Adelaide's 3rd and 4th tall forwards in McGovern and Lynch. I didn't pay very close attention, but did notice that Mills was on Lynch quite often, which was a matchup that favoured Adelaide. And we know what happened with the Melican-McGovern matchup. But it takes a big loss to shake the resolve of our coaching staff to stick with a winning side, so I doubt very much we will see Aliir unless there is an injury.

But I doubt Aliir is on the trading block. He's contracted for next year and expect with a fresh start and good pre-season he will be a regular in the side next year.

The Swans website has been foreshadowing a Naismith/Sinclair swap and the possibility of Newman coming back in the side. These are the most likely changes. The question is who Newman would replace.

My sources tell me that someone has been in Longmire's office all week weeping inconsolably. I'm not sure if it was Dean Towers or barry. Maybe both.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast