Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Media and the Swans (merged / renamed thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    More and more people getting news from forums etc for good reason. Interesting times we live in. People much less brainwashed by media these days.
    So so true.

I don't feel brain washed by reading and watching everything available:
    EG: Greg Baum (Age/Sun-Herald):

"One minute, the Dons were basking in the glow of Joe Daniher's towering mark and opening goal and the vibe that created. The next Sydney had kicked 10 in a row, then 10 in a quarter, and led by 10, and the Bombers were pumpkins again.
    Around 10,000 travelling Bombers supporters found themselves in a strange and fearsome land, dumbstruck.....
    What is perhaps not so apparent if you mostly watch (the Swans) on TV, is the vibrancy and cohesion, the way the finely machined parts tick."

There's any amount of praise for the Swans throughout the media, although Cats fans are a little concerned that South Melbourne supporters will out number them at the G Friday night.

There was also a piece by Boomer Harvey written prior to the EF, labelling the Swans as the hottest team remaining in the 8, also giving a strong rap for Longmire.

Actually, there's almost too much of it now. But I can't enough, as it will soon be over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    I don't feel brain washed by reading and watching everything available:
    EG: Greg Baum (Age/Sun-Herald):

"One minute, the Dons were basking in the glow of Joe Daniher's towering mark and opening goal and the vibe that created. The next Sydney had kicked 10 in a row, then 10 in a quarter, and led by 10, and the Bombers were pumpkins again.
    Around 10,000 travelling Bombers supporters found themselves in a strange and fearsome land, dumbstruck.....
    What is perhaps not so apparent if you mostly watch (the Swans) on TV, is the vibrancy and cohesion, the way the finely machined parts tick."

There's any amount of praise for the Swans throughout the media, although Cats fans are a little concerned that South Melbourne supporters will out number them at the G Friday night.

There was also a piece by Boomer Harvey written prior to the EF, labelling the Swans as the hottest team remaining in the 8, also giving a strong rap for Longmire.

Actually, there's almost too much of it now. But I can't enough, as it will soon be over again.
    They have just jumped on board this past week to cover all bases. They need a "story". Robinson said it at the beginning of the year on 360 "what will be the story this year". They want a story to sell n ours is the back up to the Richmond fairytale. They'll turn on us very quickly when it's a Sydney v Richmond grand final.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    They have just jumped on board this past week to cover all bases. They need a "story". Robinson said it at the beginning of the year on 360 "what will be the story this year". They want a story to sell n ours is the back up to the Richmond fairytale. They'll turn on us very quickly when it's a Sydney v Richmond grand final.
    Siege mentality. Let it go. You'll feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Siege mentality. Let it go. You'll feel better.
    No not siege mentality. This is what happens every year. The media try to build stories to sell their product. They take a couple story lines n hold onto them till they get the one that pays out. In the early nineties it was the big bad eagles taking our cup away, the baby bombers, then the premiership going to arch rivals the croweaters, then the "best" side ever Essendon, then the possibility of Brisbane pinching Collingwoods record of four in a row, then our fairytale, then the cats finally getting a premiership after all the hard luck gf loses, riding Hawthorn in the hope of a fourpeat n finally the bravedogs. They love a good story. Nothing about siege mentality. They'll drop us as quick as anything once we play Richmond in the gf. The Richmond story is big big money for the Melbourne media.

Quote Originally Posted by sidswan View Post
    Same thing when I listened to the ABC news this morning .... extensive reports of Tennis and Soccer , but AFL....nothing.
    I have no problem with this. In fact, I'd like to argue the opposite. The game was at 4:20 pm yesterday. I don't need to hear about the game on the news the next morning. I'd actually prefer to hear what happened overnight that I'm unaware of, in this case the US Open and the EPL.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

But they'll love "South Melbourne" if it's a Swans v GWS Grand Final (unlikely, but still my preferred option as the ultimate "up yours" to all of them).

Senior Player
    Yes, we'll need the Giants to do the right thing and win their next two games to save us all from an unbearable Tiger lovefest
    should we make the GF. I'm still hopeful, they are still Richmond, and so are fundamentally flawed and destined to break their
    supporters hearts on a fairly regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    But they'll love "South Melbourne" if it's a Swans v GWS Grand Final (unlikely, but still my preferred option as the ultimate "up yours" to all of them).

The 'Melbourne media bias' - which is no different to anywhere else in the world - is not providing any love to Geelong at the moment. The Swans feature on the front and back page of the Herald Sun this morning, and Robbo is slagging off Geelong.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    It's why I said they'll keep us as their back up story.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    The 'Melbourne media bias' - which is no different to anywhere else in the world - is not providing any love to Geelong at the moment. The Swans feature on the front and back page of the Herald Sun this morning, and Robbo is slagging off Geelong.
    Yes it is, it's a lot different. Sit n watch any NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, bundesliga, EPL coverage/weekly shows n it's nothing like the garbage that gets served up in Australia.

Like I said positioning themselves for the "story". That story disappears as soon as it's Sydney v Richmond grand final.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yes, we'll need the Giants to do the right thing and win their next two games to save us all from an unbearable Tiger lovefest
    should we make the GF. I'm still hopeful, they are still Richmond, and so are fundamentally flawed and destined to break their
    supporters hearts on a fairly regular basis.
    That side is shot to pieces. Sydney v Richmond gf imo

That side is shot to pieces. Sydney v Richmond gf imo
    Yes, and Mumford arrived back in Sydney on crutches, from an ankle injury. If he doesn't get up, they will have even more problems.