Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Media and the Swans (merged / renamed thread)

Wallsy had a good wrap of the Swans on AFL Tonite with special attention to our back line .

Just tape the game and keep rewatching the win - doesnt matter what coverage they give it then.

Liz is quite right in that there is little to say about the swans game other than the swans being awesome. To be honest Id rather not have them pump up our tyres too much anyway. In fact Id rather they have lots of articles on Geelong and how it was just an aberration and that they are still favourites to beat us etc etc etc.

Considering how GWS have been top four for most of the year , you could say that the coverage on them is pretty ordinary , even in Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post

Considering how GWS have been top four for most of the year , you could say that the coverage on them is pretty ordinary , even in Sydney.
    I've been telling everyone for years... no one cares.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I care! I DON'T WANT to read or see anything about about GW$!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    But it's a national competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Ok, I'll take a few token updates

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    A rising tide lifts all boats.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post

If you look at this list List of attendance figures at domestic professional sports leagues - Wikipedia

you will see that GWS draws more than many overseas leagues, australian leagues and many professional clubs.
    give it to the game

Warming the Bench
    Sydney v Essendon, Swans bullied Essendon around the ball | Fox Sports

Don't look now but a couple of Victorians said the Swans had gone to another level in a certain aspect that the team prides itself on and one even compared them to the best Brisbane side, of which he was a star.

I realise that this doesn't quite fit in the barrow that is generally being pushed in this thread but the fact is the coverage of the Swans in Vic this year has been significant and they are regularly spoken of with respect and admiration.

I agree with Liz's observation that there is nothing new about the Swans. The early season struggle was newsworthy, as was the launch back into contention. Now it's really just business as usual.

Should Geelong bounce back and win on Friday, that will be unexpected and, as such, big news. So, while I think it's highly unlikely, conspiracy theorists beware and perhaps stick your heads back in the sand if the Cats happen to get up...

* it is important to note that my defence of Victorian media completely excludes the panel on the Sunday Footy Show on Nine, Jason Dunstall, Luke Darcy and no doubt Eddie still - although I don't watch or listen to any show that he features on.

The interview with Joey OTC was good air time for Sydney. What a calm and determined persona he is. What a rock .

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    [QUOTE=Vonsteinman;739657]Sydney v Essendon, Swans bullied Essendon around the ball | Fox Sports

That was an interesting read - thanks Vonsteinman.

Then I went on to read the next item. Sounds like some Richmond supporters resemble those of another club we have met:

AFL fan behaviour, Richmond fans MCG, Geelong fan renounces membership after feeling sexually, physically threatened at qualifying final | Fox Sports
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Yes. But an Australian national competition. GWS is in Lebanon.