Thread: Who goes all the way? Each Divsion

Warming the Bench

Who goes all the way? Each Divsion

All this chat lately has been pretty boring but with Finals upon us who is your tip for each grade??

Premier Division anyone could beat anyone and is as open as ever.It will be interesting to see who Sydney Uni bring on the deck as i have no idea who has qualified or not. For me i believe given the depth they have North Shore should go all the way this year and if they dont make the big dance i would see that as a fail for this year. If you were any team coming up against pennant hills you would be afraid as they have the experience and the form

My Tips below:

Premier : North Shore
    Div 1: Pennant Hills
    Div 2: North Shore
    Div 3: Camden
    Div 4: St George
    Div 5: North Shore

19s: St George
    19s 2: No idea

Womens: Syd Uni
    Womens 1: Wollongong

Good Post FB
    Prems: any of the top 3 could win, you are right about Nth Shore they would expect tot play in the big one
    Div1: Penno, with their Prems team probably bowing out in week 1 it frees up selections in Div1
    Div2: Nth Shore
    Div3: This will be Bombers vs Cats GF, tipping Bombers
    Div4: saviours boys St Geo
    Div5: Again Camden vs Nth Shore GF, tipping Camden

19/1: even comp this year, any of the top 4 could win, ECE smokey for mine. No Prems playing finals so some youngsters can drop back
    19/2: Sth West Cats ( Camden JV) in a canter, Div 1 team in disguise.

Theres only one guarantee for finals.

UTS to win Div 4 :P

Bombers for Prems

Prems - Sydney Uni NEAFL won't progress far in finals and I'm hearing they a reasonable number who can drop back, so might gain a fair bit over recent weeks. If that's the case they'd have to be pretty strong favourites. UNSW and North Shore have been very competitive against them, so they're in it and Penno are the smokies - going very nicely. St George might need to get a couple back, but that could happen.

Div 1 Penno or St George, St George might get a few back if their prems drop out too, so saying them.

Div 2 North Shore or UNSW - nothing between them, but hopefully the Bombers!

Div 3 Camden or North Shore - nothing between them, but hopefully the Bombers!!

Div 4 St George hopefully - bored with the crap UTS do every year.

Div 5 - Camden or North Shore - nothing between them, but hopefully the Bombers!!!

19 1's - Any one in the finals could win this. It's very tight, but hopefully the Bombers!!!!

19 2's - South West Cats by about 80.

Womens Prems - UNSW

Womens Div 1 - Wollongong or failing that, anyone but Manly.

I think we would actually be better off having prems in longer for div 1. So many injuries this year, hard to qualify some fringe players for both so having prems in means they can drop down.

That said if u19s win on the weekend and they get the week off could work out real well with timing for div 1.

Hope blacktown win on the weekend in div 4. Either us or them, just no uni sides.

Uni flogged them a fortnight ago - I don't know if they were missing players or what but I don't see how they would overturn a eight goal margin in two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    I think we would actually be better off having prems in longer for div 1. So many injuries this year, hard to qualify some fringe players for both so having prems in means they can drop down.

That said if u19s win on the weekend and they get the week off could work out real well with timing for div 1.

Hope blacktown win on the weekend in div 4. Either us or them, just no uni sides.

Yeh but the week before uni lost to Manly who are terrible. Never know what teams are like throughout the season, we have 36 qualified for finals and about 30 others who got a game throughout the season. Assume others are similar.

You're right, you never can tell - any teams with sides above them in finals are at an automatic advantage because they can drop players down. Very rarely does any team below Seniors have their best side each week.

Manly had ten blokes play their only game of the year that week so I suspect they might've had a bunch of past players down for a kick. Wouldn't read too much into that result!

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Yeh but the week before uni lost to Manly who are terrible. Never know what teams are like throughout the season, we have 36 qualified for finals and about 30 others who got a game throughout the season. Assume others are similar.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Footy Barista View Post
    All this chat lately has been pretty boring but with Finals upon us who is your tip for each grade??

Premier Division anyone could beat anyone and is as open as ever.It will be interesting to see who Sydney Uni bring on the deck as i have no idea who has qualified or not. For me i believe given the depth they have North Shore should go all the way this year and if they dont make the big dance i would see that as a fail for this year. If you were any team coming up against pennant hills you would be afraid as they have the experience and the form

My Tips below:

Premier : North Shore
    Div 1: Pennant Hills
    Div 2: North Shore
    Div 3: Camden
    Div 4: St George
    Div 5: North Shore

19s: St George
    19s 2: No idea

So far only got the 19s right.....what happened in the Prems prelim North Shore were up by 15 13 into the last and lost by 21??? you would have to be dissapointed with that

Proposed 2017 Strucutre

Prems - Camden up - just do it - make it a 10 team comp
    Div 1 - North Shore, Wests, UNSW up and Holdroyd down - allows Holroyd to rebuild and 12 team comp
    Div 2 - North Shore, South West and UTS up - 12 team and a really even comp
    Div 3 - St G and Magic up - 10 team comp
    Div 4 - Camden, West North Shore up East Coast, South West down - good 10 team comp
    Div 5 - the rest