Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 23. Sydney

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Who?

(Fair call. I literally had forgotten Tom played for us last year.)

LOL. Hawthorn can do that sort of thing to you!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Jones is a great complement to our other midfielders. His top speed is good enough, but his acceleration is even more valuable, and he has some nice hip movements too that help him evade would-be tacklers.

Last year our midfield was essentially JPK, Hanners, Parker and a few around the edges. (OK, maybe some, like Jack, were a little more than that, but the team very much relied on all three of our big midfield guns playing well.) None of those three has had as good a season in 2017 as they did in 2016 but our midfield feels a little more robust because of the others who not only rotate through there but, on their day, can be really important contributors around the ball.
    From my layman's view of the world, it just looks like sometimes Jones 'stabs' his kicks a bit instead of kicking through it - for often his poor kicks end up dropping just short of the intended target and consequently getting intercepted.

He is so important to our structures though, we need him to fire in the finals to be achance.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    All I wanted from this game was the result you'd normally expect from in-form Swans v Blues, to erase the nadir of round 6. Job done!

It was pretty special to be there for the Buddy show. The whole place was just going nuts every time he went near the ball. I think even my kids (3 and 5), who normally don't pay much attention, realised something special was happening. Hard to pick a favourite goal, but I'll go with the round the corner from the pocket at the Randwick end from an incredibly tight angle (about number 7 or 8 I think?) The big groan when he missed 11 was pretty funny.

Some other nice moments too, Rohan's concern for opposition injury (and respect for Armfield at the end), plus his comedy crowd moment. And as I arrived very early for once, I sat behind the goals not far from Kenny and spotted him having a long and obviously very warm chat with Jed Lamb pre-warmup.

If I had a criticism: last H&A game of the year, the crowd basking in the warm glow of victory but...not a whole lot of crowd acknowledgement at the end and no kick to kick! Not that I ever expect it but I'd like to be surprised once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about Hewett's injury on the final siren? He landed awkwardly in the marking contest and limped off the ground with the physio/doctor. Really don't want him to be injured!

We are going to benefit from the week off especially now that we can't make top 4.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Didnt look great when he injured himself in the last contest of the day. was on the ground clutching his knee. Hope he is ok as I think he is important to the team

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    From my layman's view of the world, it just looks like sometimes Jones 'stabs' his kicks a bit instead of kicking through it - for often his poor kicks end up dropping just short of the intended target and consequently getting intercepted.

He is so important to our structures though, we need him to fire in the finals to be achance.
    I tend to forget that Zak is still so young. He seems he has been around for a long time. This happens when a youngster gets into the team, then keeps his spot. I think the same will happen with Will Hayward.

If I had a criticism: last H&A game of the year, the crowd basking in the warm glow of victory but...not a whole lot of crowd acknowledgement at the end and no kick to kick! Not that I ever expect it but I'd like to be surprised once in a while.[/QUOTE]

The crowd is always a bit subdued at the end when they announce there's no kick-to-kick .

It hasn't rained for ages, so whats the reason ?
    There have only been two or more three for the whole year. They flog the balls at merchandise stalls.

It brings so much joi-de-vere and the kids go home saying "that was great Dad".

On the Rookie List
    Hewitt rolled his ankle. He was walking around post game no issues, no ice.

As for the performance of the midfield the main reason we lost the first six was no Mitchell and no support for Joey. We had a few injuries but it took them a while to sort out who was going to go in and get the ball out to our runners.

Was ruthless injured in the second quarter?

Glad he got back on the ground.

Really can't afford for ruthless to be off the ground for one second during the next month.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Was ruthless injured in the second quarter?

Glad he got back on the ground.

Really can't afford for ruthless to be off the ground for one second during the next month.
    Who is ruthless?

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Who is ruthless?
    Ruthless is an attitude

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Ruthless is an attitude
    Yep.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Ruthless is an attitude
    Sorry, I missed the meaning behind 'ruthless'.