Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 23. Sydney

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Sorry, I missed the meaning behind 'ruthless'.
    So did I. I thought Annie was referring to Tippett but thought it strange that she would call him "ruthless"! Now it makes sense ????.

I have to wonder whether Kurt has relatively laxed lateral ligaments in his ankles as a result of multiple sprains? Or even just naturally.

If this is the case, it would in part account for the seemingly high incidence of repeat recurrent ankle injuries, without an exceptionally lengthy recovery time. In my experience, ankle injuries that are really well managed can recover well, but less well managed ankle injuries seem to result in increasingly recurrent instability. Taping an injured ankle and premature resumption of play (or training) seems to be a simply ineffective way to manage the problem as if there is enough force to damage a ligament, no amount of external tape will effectively protect it (it will help psychologically, with proprioception and prophylactically for less strong forces).
    The forces at the ankle are compounded by a person of Tippett's physique (as the forces at the ankle with the high mass and centre of gravity above it are exacerbated) and his game style (jumping often - either in the ruck or in marking contests).

If he does have laxed ligaments, he may sustain an innocuous injury that will cause mild/moderate discomfort and immediate loss of confidence, which settles quickly and he can resume (albeit with trepidation.

I'm merely contemplating aloud & this is based on nothing more than hypotheticals and with no insider knowledge.

Is the ankle Kurt rolled on Saturday the same one he has had trouble with for much of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think it was a waste to play Cunningham last game. He hasn't been in close to good enough form to come into the seniors. We wasted our last opportunity to try Dawson, who was arguably the best player in the NEAFL this year. It seems that players suffering Lisfranc and foot injuries in general take a long time to get back into form. It may have contributed to Talia's poor year, even though the injury happened a year ago.
    Agree they missed a chance to give Dawson a crack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Is the ankle Kurt rolled on Saturday the same one he has had trouble with for much of the season?
    Think so. I think they should just cut his feet off above the ankles and give him wheels. It's not like he'll be any less mobile afterwards.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I have to wonder whether Kurt has relatively laxed lateral ligaments in his ankles as a result of multiple sprains? Or even just naturally.

If this is the case, it would in part account for the seemingly high incidence of repeat recurrent ankle injuries, without an exceptionally lengthy recovery time. In my experience, ankle injuries that are really well managed can recover well, but less well managed ankle injuries seem to result in increasingly recurrent instability. Taping an injured ankle and premature resumption of play (or training) seems to be a simply ineffective way to manage the problem as if there is enough force to damage a ligament, no amount of external tape will effectively protect it (it will help psychologically, with proprioception and prophylactically for less strong forces).
    The forces at the ankle are compounded by a person of Tippett's physique (as the forces at the ankle with the high mass and centre of gravity above it are exacerbated) and his game style (jumping often - either in the ruck or in marking contests).

If he does have laxed ligaments, he may sustain an innocuous injury that will cause mild/moderate discomfort and immediate loss of confidence, which settles quickly and he can resume (albeit with trepidation.

I'm merely contemplating aloud & this is based on nothing more than hypotheticals and with no insider knowledge.
    Maybe he is simply not suited to the modern day boots. Perhaps a pair of old fashioned, high sided, supportive Ron Barassi boots would do the trick.

Match Day Thread Rnd 23. Sydney

Perhaps the physios don't understand Kurt's problem because when he tells them it goes over their heads.

[IMG]

Grundy cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Perhaps the physios don't understand Kurt's problem because when he tells them it goes over their heads.

[IMG]
    Nice one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415