Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 23. Sydney

Well, that lovely bit of ball movement makes me feel a little bit better about that quarter. And handy that both Tippett and Sinclair seem more or less alright.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    We continue to be the team that can't get a holding/dropping the ball free kick. WTF? Now Ramps has gut punched Lamb! Behave boys.....
    Loved how Towers got crunched as soon as he got the ball - HTB. Two minutes later Armfield I think it was runs onto one then gets crunched with plenty of prior opportunity - absolutely nothing.

Nice idea of 50 metres also... closer to about 65.

Very lethargic performance in that 2nd quarter - we are every chance to get beat by these dweebs again if we continue like that.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Will's half time stats: 1 0 1 1 0 0 2 1 1 0 10. The ten is his fantasy points and four of those 1's came in the last 30 seconds of that quarter......I hope he's just tired but I wonder. The closer the finals get, the quieter he becomes.....

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Towers looks at home as the 2nd ruck as he did earlier in the year, legitimately think it's his position, otherwise hes pretty anonymous
    +1 he seems to have won a few hitouts too. Plus that was quite a point he kicked

Senior Player
    He won't be playing finals football
    Will I mean

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I think that theory has been proven well and truly incorrect. We have extremely poor since both bigs went down and Kruezer dominated!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Towers was dominating in the ruck, but we just screwed up in other areas. Hayward invisible except for that final mark. Certainly Aliir would be more valuable in this side. We can drop all those useless injury prone ruckmen and play Towers and Aliir.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Towers was dominating in the ruck, but we just screwed up in other areas. Hayward invisible except for that final mark. Certainly Aliir would be more valuable in this side. We can drop all those useless injury prone ruckmen and play Towers and Aliir.
    Aliir is not a ruckman but Towers could be.

Will will need to will himself to not wilt.

Dunno about dominating, Kruezer wasn't having much impact until both Tippett and Sinclair went down. They were both playing really well too

Senior Player
    If Towers had kicked that goal out of the ruck contest he'd be a certainty for the rest of the year. Then again, he is our only ruckman who doesn't get injured...

Below par effort so far but I guess that is to be expected. Heeney looking switched on as is Parker. Would not mind to see Kennedy have a big second half. Does anyone else think he has lost weight?

Senior Player
    Jones surely can't play finals with disposal like that.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Towers dominating is a bit of a stretch. He got a couple of possessions and nearly kicked a great goal...but he missed. I think it's underestimated the impact a good ruckman can have in the marking contests around the ground. Even if they don't mark themselves it's a plus if they halve the contest and bring the ball to ground. Towers struggles in that area understandably due to a major height difference. Imagine him competing against Gawn in a final??? No thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast