Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Final: Sydney Swans Reserves v Gold Coast Suns Reserves @ Blacktown

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Full Time Swans 21.16 (142) Suns 11.8 (74) Goals: Rose Edwards 4 Florent Fisher Dawson Cunningham 2 Wicks Ronke Robinson Pink Talia

Disposals Robinson 28 Jack 25 Cunningham 24 Rose Fisher 23 Dawson Marsh Laidler 22 Foote Murray Aliir 21 Florent O'Riordan Naismith 16 Wicks 13 Johnson 12 Talia Edwards 11 Ronke Leonardis 10 Pink 9 Maibaum 8 Osborne 5

Tackles Pink Cunningham 6 Ronke Edwards 5 Foote Wicks 4 Jack Leonardis 3 Robinson Aliir Osborne Dawson 2 Talia Laidler Naismith Johnson 1

Marks Rose 9 Dawson 8 Robinson O'Riordan Marsh 7 Aliir 6 Leonardis Talia 5 Cunningham Murray Foote Fisher Naismith 4 Laidler Ronke Johnson 3

Hitouts Naismith 40

21.16.142 d 11.8.74. Cue well & truly racked

I only saw the first half.

Nainsmith booked himself in for 1st final next week.

Allir, plays with so much abandon he even gets into trouble at NEAFL level. Needs to be far more disapplined to get back to AFL standard.

Talia played forward. Looks to me to have the goods for an AFL career. May not get delisted.

Ok, I can see now that AJ won't play seniors this year. It's make or break next year.

Lions won the other final so we will host them. No idea what day or time it will be.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I only saw the first half.

Nainsmith booked himself in for 1st final next week.

Allir, plays with so much abandon he even gets into trouble at NEAFL level. Needs to be far more disapplined to get back to AFL standard.

Talia played forward. Looks to me to have the goods for an AFL career. May not get delisted.

Ok, I can see now that AJ won't play seniors this year. It's make or break next year.
    Watched enough of it and agree about Naismith. Has to play. Sinclair should play instead of Tippett for mine. Too much of a physical risk and Sinclair has earned spot despite flaws.

Best Players: D. Robinson, H. Cunningham, H. Marsh, S. Naismith, J. Rose, S. Fisher

Veteran Site Admin
    Surprised not to see Foote's name on that list. I thought he had a very good game. Better than Robinson or Cunningham. Marsh, Rose and Naismith were the other standouts for me, though Florent looked classy in what he did, and Edwards was lively and provided a good target up forward.

I wasn't watching closely but I agree with everything you've written, liz, except that I wasn't so impressed by Foote as you. Also I really liked Murray's game.

It's been a while since I've seen a Reserves game live and Michael Talia is a very fine physical specimen. He looks the part of a key position player but his play didn't particularly stand out.

Naismith was being monitored closely by the physios during the second half and kept coming off for attention.

I was surprised there weren't more seniors players in attendance to support their brethren but maybe they are enjoying a few days leave. The only senior player I saw there was Will Hayward. A couple of former Swans in the crowd including Mike Pyke, Jared Crouch and their kids. Didn't realise Crouchie was breeding so many potential father-sons. Hopefully will be different for the granny next week (assuming it is compatible with attending our seniors' final - which I do since we are hosting both).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Lions won the other final so we will host them. No idea what day or time it will be.
    Says on NEAFL site 12.00 Sat Sept 9th venue TBA. Could it be before swans final at SCH

I also agree that Aliir didn't play well. The times I noticed him do something dashing he completed by turning the ball over.

That's interesting some of the swans players thought it might be at the scg after the swans Essendon game. The logic was that they would not need to hold out players as emergencies for the seniors.

If it was against Sydney Uni that might have worked but I suspect the Lions would prefer a fly in fly out on the same day schedule

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast