Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Final: Sydney Swans Reserves v Gold Coast Suns Reserves @ Blacktown

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    If it was against Sydney Uni that might have worked but I suspect the Lions would prefer a fly in fly out on the same day schedule
    Would be better if it was Sunday.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Confirmed it's after the AFL game at the SCG 7:45pm!

Veteran Site Admin
    It's almost the only option if they're determined to have it on Saturday. I can't imagine the Swans would want their resources diverted away from the senior game if it were to be played at a different venue at the same time. And if they held it as a curtain raiser it would preclude friends and family of the Lions players coming down to watch, given that the senior game is close to sold out. After the game there won't be any issue with seating, given most people will leave.

I'd have thought that Sunday at a more sociable time (for the Lions) would make more sense though. Win or lose on Saturday, the Swans (and supporters) will be emotional. It's not just any game of AFL - it's a cut throat final. The next day we'll all have licked our wounds or come down off a high, and the diversion of a NEAFL final will be welcome.

Does this mean no kick to kick AGAIN?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Does this mean no kick to kick AGAIN?
    If it was like today's NEAFL prelim everyone can go do kick to kick at the breaks

disclaimer: don't do this

Veterans List
    The Suns look in big strife.

Absolutely stoked about that and hope as many fans as possible can stay around and watch.

Sounds like the score today massively flattered the Gold Coast Suns. They are in a world of pain and their new coach just has to get things right or that club could become an even bigger problem. Right now every young kid would be better off on the Lions list but on the same note the Lions' situation shows how things can start (because it is still early days for them) to be turned around fairly quickly.It also shows the development work we put into our guys as well.

Tassie Suns

Opti-pessi-misti
    I thought the first two quarters were great footy by the Swans. I enjoyed watching the game. One thing that stood out for me was the great foot skills in hitting targets, especially into the forward line. Many of the games I have watched over the year I have been a bit taken aback by the way the players seemed to take a ping at the sticks from anywhere with no attempt to look for a player in a better position, kicking point after point, but not today. For me Talia in the forward line at least in the 1st quarter was a real revelation. He was a great focal point and played really well. Rose is in a difficult place right now. He is playing really well but Hayward and Paps seem to have lock on the small forward/mid spots and with Towers holding down a place and Robbo and Harry and Dawson in the wings his chances of getting a senior game don't look good.

Senior Player
    [QUOTE=Mug Punter;738438]Absolutely stoked about that and hope as many fans as possible can stay around and watch.

Will be great so long as swans beat Ess first

Senior Player
    Beauty. That vindicates the call to get the late bus back.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast