Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Final: Sydney Swans Reserves v Gold Coast Suns Reserves @ Blacktown

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Beauty. That vindicates the call to get the late bus back.
    So, do you have to leave and then pay to come in again ?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Neafl Final is free

Meant to say, that Brayden Crossley kid is great! He should really get drafted by a team who needs a young ruck. Some have said Cameron should be considered a forward. If that's right then maybe we should consider bidding. Very likely that the Suns will match a bid, I would think.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Great photos of today

pauldcarter1�s albums | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Neafl Final is free
    That's brilliant. Thanks Ugg ....
    Are you team manager ?

Will there be buses to central station provided as usual or do we have to find our own way there?

Great photos of today

pauldcarter1�s albums | Flickr
    Nice photos. Naismith can certainly fly higher than I thought he could.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Does this mean no kick to kick AGAIN?
    That was my first thought also. Would have been nice, especially as they wasted the opportunity last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Meant to say, that Brayden Crossley kid is great! He should really get drafted by a team who needs a young ruck. Some have said Cameron should be considered a forward. If that's right then maybe we should consider bidding. Very likely that the Suns will match a bid, I would think.
    Crossley would be a perfect fit for us. 3 years of development n then played as a ruck/forward alongside Naismith. But no chance of getting him. GC will definitely match any bid as he won't be bid at pick 1 and then they have a lot of early picks after their first pick, pick 2, to match the points they have picks 19, 22,24, 33 & 37. Plus whatever they get for Ablett.

http://neafl.com.au/wp-content/uploa...2017-FINAL.pdf

Fill in the lack of Friday Night Football by reading the whole document!

I thought this was a good rule on top up players. You don;t see too many UNDER 9's playing reserves footy.

(e) AFL Clubs will not have access to any other mature age non-listed players apart from the
    approved under 9 year old academy players in accordance with clause 15.3(d).

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Based on the discussion last week, I don't think Cunningham is eligible this week. He doesn't meet the direct qualification requirements (ie he's played too many AFL games and not enough NEAFL games) and he won't have been "not selected" in the senior team this weekend because there won't be a senior team selected. If he hadn't played in the round 23 senior game he'd be eligible but since he was, I don't think he can play.

Naismith, if fit, seems the most likely to return, despite not directly meeting the qualification requirements. If I understand the rules correctly I think Hanners and Papley could theoretically play, but there's a close to zero chance of Hanners playing and a not much greater chance of Papley. If they'd missed a significant amount of footy there might be a temptation to give them a run, but as it is, I'm close to certain they'll just get an extra week off to recover from their niggles and be right for the Essendon game next weekend.

If we win and Cunningham loses his spot in the senior team, I believe he would be eligible to play in the NEAFL GF.

And yes, I think we can play as many listed players as are available / we want to play given the opponent is Gold Coast.

I think this is the rule that makes him eligible. He hasn't been picked this week for the AFL side because there are no games. So technically he has not been selected to play. I doubt he will be selected next week for the seniors either. So basically fair even if it is a technicality.

(d) Notwithstanding anything within these Rules, should an AFL Club listed player not be selected to
    play for his AFL Club in an AFL match, that player will be eligible to play in the Competition finals
    series Match with the AFL Club Reserves team that same weekend, irrespective of whether or
    not he has played in a Competition Match that season.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Streaming on YouTube if you have Chromecast or fetch or similar you can watch it on your TV.

- - - Updated - - -

Are the playing in Calcutta?
    You only need an HTMI cord to watch it on TV.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast