Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swans Survey - Disappointed

Swans Survey - Disappointed

I am sure that all other members have just received a "Member Survey" from the club.

It's not often I criticize the club but for once I feel really angry.

It's not a survey at all, just a market research document for its sponsors. Sure blend that in but there is no place anywhere for feedback re the Match day experience.

Not even a general comments at the end where we can tell them how pathetic it is that we have to listen the Sweet Caroline.

An insult to our intelligence and I hope someone from the club reads this

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I am sure that all other members have just received a "Member Survey" from the club.

It's not a survey at all, just a market research document for its sponsors. Sure blend that in but there is no place anywhere for feedback re the Match day experience.

Not even a general comments at the end where we can tell them how pathetic it is that we have to listen the Sweet Caroline.

I AGREE very disappointing to receive such rubbish from the Club. It is nothing but SPAM. Marketing at its worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post

When it came an hour ago I was too busy trying to recover from a week's struggle with the flu, so I passed up on the chance to do the survey. Forewarned but intrigued by your message, I decided to do the survey but select whichever was the topmost of each set of radio-button answers. Thus, I became less than 18 years of age again - quite a considerable time warp, I confess. It didn't mind my telling it that my postcode was "1" (not so sophisticated as to use error checking on that one), but brusquely rejected me from further questions because I am less than 18 years of age! Mirabile dictu!(1) I am distraught ... a) that my being a child may disqualify me from any of those nice prizes, and b) that I couldn't scan for myself a survey that has already been met with so hostile a response.

(1) In context, Latin for "@@@@@!"

Surprised by the responses above. We've been getting this survey every year for a long time with no RWO hostility in the past. The email specifically says it is asking for feedback on sponsors' activities. Given how important the financial contribution of sponsors are to the Swans, that seems perfectly legitimate to me.

And you are not compelled to complete it.

Veteran Site Admin
    Agree with Meg that it clearly states in the covering email what the purpose is.

And I'm sure I've periodically received invitations to participate in feedback surveys that address membership and match day experience.

If you don't want to do it, don't do it.

Swans Survey - Disappointed

I've completed and submitted the survey (as I have done each year for at least the last 5 years). Personally I regard it as my responsibility as a Swans member to provide honest (and I hope constructive) feedback to our sponsors. It would be a sad day if (for example) QBE ditched the Swans - or indeed any of the other sponsors.

Sponsor activities on the whole don't attract my attention, mainly I think because they are generally family-orientated events and I go to matches on my own. However I realised while completing the survey that doing it each year has etched most of the sponsors' names into my recall. And that I do feel more positively towards businesses which sponsor the Swans.

I also realised that AirBnB no longer appear to be a sponsor. Perhaps that was just a one-year deal. I never understood how it was supposed to work when they said the Swans would use AirBnB when travelling. Swans players spread all over the suburbs of Adelaide, for example??

Ps: there is a write-in question at the end that you could use to suit whatever purpose you want. I used it to ask them to tone down the volume of match-day promotional activities.

Goes up to 11
    It's a simple survey as provided by the club for a number of years and is to help determine the effectiveness of sponsorship and marketing. It's not compulsory but as an engaged member of my club I feel that it's a small task that I can do to assist.

I understand that RWO is now just a vehicle for an ongoing whinge fest for a small but vocal number of users but this thread is taking this to another level...

Senior Player
    Going to the footy is a relatively inexpensive form of entertainment. It's likely that it's partially subsidised by sponsorship.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    It's a simple survey as provided by the club for a number of years and is to help determine the effectiveness of sponsorship and marketing. It's not compulsory but as an engaged member of my club I feel that it's a small task that I can do to assist.

I understand that RWO is now just a vehicle for an ongoing whinge fest for a small but vocal number of users but this thread is taking this to another level...
    +1
    sprite

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post

No need to be so snarky, I don't think I use this site as an ongoing whinge fest at all if you are referring to me

To be fair I have re-read the email and it is actually quite clear they are using this for sponsor feedback so my impression that it was to be a generic Member's type feedback was my error.

I do think they could well have integrated some general fan feedback but given they haven't I do hope they send out a separate survey re our matchday experiences as fans and other issues re the club. It could be used to give then valuable feedback on issues such as the level of support for an AFLW team and the attitude from fans re Poker Machine revenue.

Happy and I know it
    We usually receive another survey at season's end. That's the one where the Club asks for feedback about venues, match days etc.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    We usually receive another survey at season's end. That's the one where the Club asks for feedback about venues, match days etc.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast