Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Buddy Franklin - Coleman Medalist!!

Veterans List
    Fabulous stuff. Buddy never ever gives less than 100%, a credit to him for his high standards and a justified reward. What a way to win it!

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    More good news coming out of this season after our horrid start. Who would have thought that Buddy would win the Coleman, we'd have a home final and have every chance of taking out the GF. I know Horse's mantra, one week at a time, but our team must be believing they can go all the way. Love our club.
    +1

All hail Buddy. Has any one player raised the profile of the Swans in Sydney more than this great man?

I love how the great forwards want to come to this club (Lockett, Hall, Bud ... even to a lesser extent Bradshaw who we got past his prime)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    More good news coming out of this season after our horrid start. Who would have thought that Buddy would win the Coleman, we'd have a home final and have every chance of taking out the GF.
    I did. As I kept saying to my son all season, never give up hope. Our club is special.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    I did. As I kept saying to my son all season, never give up hope. Our club is special.
    I just reminded my 5-year-old son today that at 0-6 I declared we could still make the finals (he said, 'no way'), and that we would definitely finish above the Bombers (which my in-laws all barrack for).

-

It was so great watching Buddy kick ten yesterday. The sweet encore today is him winning another Coleman. Now he just needs another premiership medallion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Great stuff Buddy - finished with a super flourish.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Well done Buddy.

I never fully appreciated he good he is until he came to Sydney and I got to see him every week. You realise the stuff he used to pull out against us wasn't just him playing well against us but how he played against everyone.

Having said that I think our culture of brutal honesty and our blue collar football style has really brought out the best of Buddy, the thing that has impressed me most about him is his workrate and I think he has lifted up here in that regard.

It really is a privilege to have him at out football club and yesterday was a clinic I will not forget in a hurry.

And also it seems he has found happiness and contentment in Sydney, I for one really respect the way he battled whatever demons were troubling him, the dignity he showed with the media attention that ensued and the way he seems to have come out the other side healthier and happier. We all like to think our heroes are bulletproof and I think that a lot of people suddenly went "well if Buddy Franklin can suffer mental illness and be open and honest about it, and not ashamed or embarrassed then I don't need to suffer in silence either".

So well done to a guy that I never thought would be a hero of mine but I am glad who is.

Quote Originally Posted by Burra View Post
    All hail Buddy. Has any one player raised the profile of the Swans in Sydney more than this great man?
    In terms of pure profile raising I think it is hard to go past the double act of Barrassi and Plugger.

And for all his nuttiness we forget just how huge Warwick Capper was in the 80s and also how good he was too.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Well done Buddy.

I never fully appreciated he good he is until he came to Sydney and I got to see him every week. You realise the stuff he used to pull out against us wasn't just him playing well against us but how he played against everyone.

Having said that I think our culture of brutal honesty and our blue collar football style has really brought out the best of Buddy, the thing that has impressed me most about him is his workrate and I think he has lifted up here in that regard.

It really is a privilege to have him at out football club and yesterday was a clinic I will not forget in a hurry.

And also it seems he has found happiness and contentment in Sydney, I for one really respect the way he battled whatever demons were troubling him, the dignity he showed with the media attention that ensued and the way he seems to have come out the other side healthier and happier. We all like to think our heroes are bulletproof and I think that a lot of people suddenly went "well if Buddy Franklin can suffer mental illness and be open and honest about it, and not ashamed or embarrassed then I don't need to suffer in silence either".

So well done to a guy that I never thought would be a hero of mine but I am glad who is.
    Great tribute! Totally agree.

Well done Buddy.

Lovely comment.

I love the way he give his all, and how unselfish he is - as was again evident yesterday.

In terms of pure profile raising I think it is hard to go past the double act of Barrassi and Plugger.

And for all his nuttiness we forget just how huge Warwick Capper was in the 80s and also how good he was too.
    I agree with you 100% there but I just think Buddy has upped the ante a bit. Everyone one loves Buddy. If it wasn't for Lance the Swans would hardly rate a mention in Melbourne, sadly, as there are a lot of passionalte Swans fans down here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast