Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: All Australian

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Hardly surprising our representation is a long way down on last year but I'd been hoping Reg might finally get some recognition and sneak into the squad. He's not a defender that the media faps over much but he's been a rock all year (and last year too), has barely put a foot wrong, and has held together the best backline in the AFL (with a little help from Rampe, once he returned).
    Yep, I'm disappointed Grundy didn't get some recognition. He's been superb for a large chunk of the season - between he and Rampe they've marshalled our defence brilliantly. I agree with your points made about Lever further down also - a great player in the making, but not playing on the no 1 forward week in week out either. If he is selected for missing 5 games, surely Rampe should have been selected as he missed what 6 or 7, but has been great since then.

The stat many have missed that is quite incredible in my book is we ended up with the best defence in the league over the regular season, despite going 0-6 to start. I know part of it is down to the nature of how we play the game, but that is still quite an astounding outcome.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

It's because they already have Rance locked in for the key defender spot and that's also Grundy's position. Not saying I agree, but that's why.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Seriously Nick Smith and Reg have had great years. Nick should be AA honestly for him to have only one AA is a disgrace and the selection committee has no clue what they're doing.

How is Tom Jonas ahead of Reg?

Also how the HELL does Joel Selwood get into the AA when he's missed 4 games and taken out of a game for concussion and play poor after the concussion and Luke Parker not get in. I know Parker isn't AA this year but his year has been a hell of a lot better than Selwoods and Parker doesn't get 4 free kicks a game. VFL has an unhealthy obsession with Selwood and it shows with the way he's officiated.

Veterans List
    It seems that 'media story' prominence is a big factor in AA selection, because that's all Lever is, a media story. Lever is a great player in the making but as a free agent, his status has been enhanced by speculation on his future, inflating his public prominence. Reg has been dudded by his own 'under the radar' brilliance...oh, and of course, due to the fact he's a Swan.

Senior Player
    Yep, no defenders from the team with the best defence in the league nominated for the AA.
    Just how did we stop opposition teams from scoring? Especially in those games where we
    lost the inside 50 count.

I'm more than happy for the Swans to be overlooked for AA, fly under the radar, and win the flag

Senior Player
    He's not a defender that the media faps over much

I think you meant flap.
    C'mon Chels!

Feels about right to me. Maybe Reg and Lloyd a little bit rough, but a lot of our regular stars (e.g. Parker, Smith) were well down for the first part of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardly surprising our representation is a long way down on last year but I'd been hoping Reg might finally get some recognition and sneak into the squad. He's not a defender that the media faps over much but he's been a rock all year (and last year too), has barely put a foot wrong, and has held together the best backline in the AFL (with a little help from Rampe, once he returned).
    FAP
    Urban Dictionary: fap
    The onomatopoeic representation of masturbation. Often used to suggest that something is attractive.

Learn something new every day

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    Looking at the selection committee says enough for me:

The All Australian selection panel is Gillon McLachlan (chairman), Kevin Bartlett, Luke Darcy, Andrew Dillon, Danny Frawley, Glen Jakovich, Chris Johnson, Cameron Ling, Matthew Richardson and Warren Tredrea.
    Every state represented but NSW. Channel 7 gets the reward with 3 on the panel. Surprising BT didn't get a gig.

Joel Selwood makes AA ahead of Joey after only playing 18 games two of which he was injured and didn't play that well even after he returned from his concussion in round 16. This is a joke.

What a pathetic farce......and I was thinking that JPK would certainly be made Captain.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast