Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Will Hayward Round 23 Rising Star nominee

Earlier this week I watched the replay of the round 14 game against Essendon. Hayward took a great mark on Baguley and kicked a goal late in the 3rd qtr. This was followed by a gloating push by Hayward into Baguley's chest that started a big scuffle that took a bit of time to settle down.

Essendon kicked the next 7 goals.

I don't know what to make of it, if anything at all. I just thought it was interesting that the incident started a 30 minute period of Essendon domination.

Curious but probably irrelevant. Why post it in this thread?

Because the thread is about Will Hayward and so is the incident.

Good that he got the nomination as he would of been ineligble for the award next year as he would have played too many games despite his age - not playing will rein force the need for him to improve his tackling and im sure he will come back a better player either this year or next

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Earlier this week I watched the replay of the round 14 game against Essendon. Hayward took a great mark on Baguley and kicked a goal late in the 3rd qtr. This was followed by a gloating push by Hayward into Baguley's chest that started a big scuffle that took a bit of time to settle down.

I don't know what to make of it, if anything at all. I just thought it was interesting that the incident started a 30 minute period of Essendon domination.
    Did you notice up to that point that Baguley kept trying to niggle our younger players including Hayward, Heeney and Florent? I think that Hayward was just fed up and let it all out. Hopefully this week we don't react to Baguley.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

I remember thinking at the time that it was a bit early for that kind of business. But as you say, great mark.

Could be well off, but feel selection of Towers over Hayward this weekend is a little head over heart. Feels sensible, but there's a slight discomfort; the lad you actually trust more has been left out. Let's hope Dean has a big game.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234