Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Hayward Round 23 Rising Star nominee

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Will Hayward Round 23 Rising Star nominee

3 goals 100% kicking efficiency. Thoroughly deserved!

Veteran Site Admin
    LOL. There will be a bit of bitching over on BF about that. He's going to be a great player I reckon but he's played several better games.

Mind you, his best contribution wouldn't have registered on the stat sheet. It was Hayward who competed in the air deep into the final quarter, allowing Buddy to stay down, crumb the ball, and snap that wonderful 10th goal.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    LOL. There will be a bit of bitching over on BF about that. He's going to be a great player I reckon but he's played several better games.

Mind you, his best contribution wouldn't have registered on the stat sheet. It was Hayward who competed in the air deep into the final quarter, allowing Buddy to stay down, crumb the ball, and snap that wonderful 10th goal.
    You also have to consider which other potential rising stars played, who has already been nominated. There might not have been much competition this round

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

His season was well worthy of a nomination, but agree that he has been down a bit the past couple of weeks. His nomination does feel a bit like "we left it to the last minute, and now we have to nominate him regardless of how he played".

Thoroughly deserved but perhaps not on that performance.

Hayward is going to be an extremely good player for us over the next 10+ years I feel, can't wait to see him after a couple of extra preseasons and some extra bulk

Hope the nomination doesn't stop Horse from dropping him. 3 disposals!!!

Senior Player
    I figure Rising Star nominations are often based on a cumulative assessment of performance, particularly over the latter end of the season. Hayward deserves it on that metric. His drop off over the last couple of weeks is a little puzzling. Not being at the ground, it's hard to form a view on why he only picked up 3 possessions. I did wonder whether his confidence may be down after the poor game against Adelaide, although he took his shots well. If it is a confidence thing, perhaps this is well timed. Notice he had 13 pressure acts (a stat he routinely finishes in the top third of Swans), suggesting his defensive pressure remained high.

Where do you get the pressure acts stats from?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Where do you get the pressure acts stats from?
    AFL app on mobile. Cant' find the app on the desktop version, for whatever reason.

Veterans List
    Funny stuff. Must be the quietest game disposals wise ever awarded a Rising Star nom. No doubt his seasons 'body of work' was taken into account and he thoroughly deserves it! I'm happy for him.

Wow, what a surprise. I suppose the last player nominated for the season is always going to be punching above his weight.

Being elevated into the firsts in you very first year is a great achievement, especially at a club who makes their players earn it. Well done Will.

We are jubilant you have won this Will. If anyone tells you you don't deserve it, give em the Michelle Payne mate. Well done.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast