Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Finals Week 2 - September 2-3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Almost Football Legend

RWO Game Day Thread - Finals Week 2 - September 2-3

Saturday 2nd September - Finals

Blacktown ISP Oval 1

8:30 St George Dragons (Change Room 1) v UNSW ES Bulldogs (Blue home kit) (Change Room 4) Under 19s Division One Preliminary Final
    11.00 Sydney Swans (Change Room 2) v Gold Coast Suns (Change Room 3) NEAFL Semi Final
    14:00 St George Dragons (Change Room 1) v Sydney University (Change Room 4) Division One Semi Final 2
    16:10 Sydney University (Change Room 3) v North Shore Bombers (Change Room 2) Premier Division Semi Final 2

Kanebridge Oval
    9:45 St George Dragons (Change Room 1) v Western Magic (Change Room 2) Division Four Semi Final 2
    12:00 Western Magic (Change Room 2) v Pennant Hills Demons (Red Clash) (Change Room 1) Women's Division One Semi Final 2
    14:15 Wollongong Saints (Change Room 1) v Manly Warringah Wolves (Change Room 2) Women's Division One Qualifying Final

Henson Park
    9:00 St George Dragons (Change Room 1) v Southern Power (Change Room 2) Under 19s Division Two Preliminary Final
    11:10 Camden Cats (Change Room 1) v Macquarie University (Change Room 2) Division Three Preliminary Final
    13:20 North Shore Bombers (Change Room 1) v UNSW ES Bulldogs (Blue home kit) (Change Room 2) Division Two Semi Final 2
    15:30 Sydney University Bombers (Change Room 1) v Macquarie University (Change Room 2) Women's Premier Division Preliminary Final

Sunday 3rd September - Finals

Blacktown ISP Oval 1
    9:30 Camden Cats (Change Room 2) Western Suburbs Magpies (Change Room 3) Division Five Semi Final 2
    11:40 Pennant Hills Demons (Change Room 4) v Camden Cats (Change Room 1) Division One Semi Final 1
    14:10 UNSW ES Bulldogs (Change Room 2) v Pennant Hills Demons (Change Room 3) Premier Division Semi Final 1

Henson Park
    9:45 North Shore Bombers (Change Room 1) v UTS Bats (Clash) (Change Room 2) Division Five Semi Final 1
    12:00 Sydney University (Change Room 1) v UTS Bats (Change Room 2) Division Four Semi Final 1
    14:15 Penrith Rams (Change Room 1) v Western Suburbs Magpies (Change Room 2) Division Two Semi Final 1

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Here we go!!

Super Saturday for St George - games on at the same time in 3 different locations!!

We'll learn a fair bit on Saturday afternoon about how good Sydney Uni really are and it'll be interesting to see if the smokies get through on Sunday!!

[QUOTE=bomber.;738318]Here we go!!

Super Saturday for St George - games on at the same time in 3 different locations!!

Will be hard for them to drum up water runners for 3 games at different locations - Try and organise it now to have the correct attire and plenty of help at each game.
    Not a good look wearing black pants and boat shoes.
    Ask Minni Bus to run water - As another year is over.

Warming the Bench
    [QUOTE=Clubman;738343]
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber. View Post
    Here we go!!

Will be hard for them to drum up water runners for 3 games at different locations - Try and organise it now to have the correct attire and plenty of help at each game.
    Not a good look having wearing black pants and boat shoes.
    hes planning his new 5 year plan isnt he?

Quote Originally Posted by Clubman View Post
    Not a good look wearing black pants and boat shoes.
    You are obsessed. Must be so salty we had 5/5 teams in finals and a power house like ECE only had 1/4.

Your so wrong. Was only their watching ECE kick your ass. So what your team played 1 more game and again Got your ass kicked.
    Go Norths

Pushing for Selection
    Saviour first of all I'm not from ECE, but they had 2/4 teams in the finals not 1/4. From my point of view St George seem to be the only club actively NOT trying to win the Premier Div. Chopping and changing every single one of your sides week in week out gives no consistancy to teams performance. Namely your PD side which had a shockingly inconsistent season. I understand giving kids games for their development and growth of the club which is great but at the cost of Prem Div Wins?? (Either that or you don't actually have 25 Prem div quality players still?) I wouldn't have thought many people care or will remember how many of your teams made finals in 2017. I know I won't remember!! What People remember is who has won the important grades (PD, Div 1) in the past few years.. I don't remember St George winning either of those comps

I know, sucked being div 4 and constantly having players taken from us each week. That said, goes to show how well div 1 and div 4 did with people playing up every single week.

Horror injury toll this year. Worst I've seen at the club. I'll tell the other 28 teams playing this week that no one cares about their finals bar prems and div 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Tomorrow can go two ways in div 4. 13 guys who played div 1 through out the year will help us with the experience at a higher level, or @@@@ us up with inconsistency against a western magic side who has largely played together all season. Hoping its the former rather than the latter.

- - - Updated - - -

Its pretty rough to say we stacked lower division to make finals when our reserves and thirds both finished first and both out u19s finished second. We aren't like UTS who stack sides to scrape into finals with people playing just the 5 games in the lower grade.

Pushing for Selection
    2/5 for ECE not 4

Pushing for Selection
    My main point was that I would have thought that the club would place a higher priority on winning Premier div above qualifying 5 teams in finals. I'm not for one second saying the club stacked lower grade sides, I believe you have incredible depth to be able to achieve that. From an outsider it just looks like 5/5 in finals is the priority above Prem Div premiership. Probably incorrect wording on my behalf re lower grades, as I'm all for the lower grades kicking around but when it comes to Prem div clubs I would have thought a flag in the highest grade is priority.

Of course it is. Prems pick their best 22 each week and then the other teams pick their sides after that. What more do you suggest we do than pick the best 22 players each week?

Pushing for Selection
    Obviously don't know the goings on inside the club but a hell of a lot of players through various grades have played 6-8 games in different teams which generally doesn't happen unless your looking to qualify players for finals. Injuries clearly don't help but this 6-8 game in various grades is pretty consistent at St George with players jumping around a lot. Your "best 22" changes every week irrespective of injuries with the qualification of players seemingly in view. Just an outsiders view as 2017 would no doubt be a fail for the Prem Div side

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast