Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roos on 702 talking about coaching Swans

Roos on 702 talking about coaching Swans

and probably his new book.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    About a third of the way through the book so far. While we've received bits and pieces about his coaching time at the Swans this book reveals the full details from start to finish, including his PowerPoint presentation to the Swans board that won him the job. One fact I found interesting was that he only engaged Ray McLean, the founder of Leading Teams, to come in and set up the Bloods culture after a chance meeting at the airport. Who knows what may have transpired for the Swans if that serendipitous meeting didn't come about?

Veterans List
    I have bought the book for my dad for father's day so I will borrow it once he has finished.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Here is the link. Drive - Drive - ABC Radio Starts at about the 1 hr mark.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    About a third of the way through the book so far. While we've received bits and pieces about his coaching time at the Swans this book reveals the full details from start to finish, including his PowerPoint presentation to the Swans board that won him the job. One fact I found interesting was that he only engaged Ray McLean, the founder of Leading Teams, to come in and set up the Bloods culture after a chance meeting at the airport. Who knows what may have transpired for the Swans if that serendipitous meeting didn't come about?
    It's an interesting question. I believe that Stuart Maxfield was already in the throes of remoulding/rebuilding the Swans 'Bloods' culture so it's possible we may have tread the same upward path but 'that meeting' certainly made sure his efforts were galvanised across the entire club....a perfect timing of these integral people coming together at the Swans....and the rest is history. A damn fine history!

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    I got two of them for Fathers Day. I wish my kids would talk to each other. ????

Has anyone else noticed how big the font is? The target audience must be either old people or Collingwood supporters.

Did the Swans offer signed copies like they did for Mick O's & Tadhg's?

Quote Originally Posted by Swanstubbs View Post
    Here is the link. Drive - Drive - ABC Radio Starts at about the 1 hr mark.
    Thanks for the link. Roosy is such a class act. Will probably always be favourite coach, no matter how many premierships we win in the future.

I second that. Thanks Swanstubbs. Love Roosy.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Did the Swans offer signed copies like they did for Mick O's & Tadhg's?
    I remember Craig Willis at the President's Dinner prior to the 2012 prelim saying it is harder to find an unsigned copy of Micky O's book!!
    C'mon Chels!

Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    I remember Craig Willis at the President's Dinner prior to the 2012 prelim saying it is harder to find an unsigned copy of Micky O's book!!
    LoL

I ask because I've got most of my copies of Swans biographies/autobiographies signed by either the author or the subject (even Capper's his inspirational message "kick arse")

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Roosy was also on the Junktime AFL podcast and told some great stories. It was quite weird to hear him drop the f-bomb but he was obviously getting into the vibe of the podcast.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast