Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melican receives R18 RS nomination

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries

Melican receives R18 RS nomination

And the Pelican gets the Rising Star. My only surprised about the coaches votes earlier was he wasn't a clear second best on ground.

Swan's shutdown job rewarded with Rising Star - AFL.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    And the Pelican gets the Rising Star. My only surprised about the coaches votes earlier was he wasn't a clear second best on ground.
    How good is that? I'm stoked for the lad. Another success story coming from our rookies. It says a lot about Lewis' character and the time the Swans are willing to take to develop our players.

Can't wait for Dawson to crack into the side now. I have faith in our coaches. He'll get his opportunity when the time is right.
    Last edited by liz; 24th July 2017 at 11:46 PM. Reason: fixed quotation formatting

About time if you ask me
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    So, potentially, the next few years we have Reg for a couple more (God bless him) then Pelican, Aliir, AJ all going well, and Maibaum as KPDs. Nice. Look elsewhere in recruiting

Senior Player

Excellent news. Very well deserved. No surprise Longmire regards him as 'very coachable'; he's very disciplined for a youngster and getting better each week.

Veteran Site Admin
    I've moved posts from the match day thread to create a new thread about Melican's nomination. Thought he deserved his own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    About time if you ask me
    About time if you ask him too, I think!

Well deserved.

This is great news. Loved the Longmire quote. He could have been talking about himself as a young player.

"He�s a terrific country boy who is a fairly quiet, respectful kid and he�s getting more confident every week with the more football he plays."

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I've moved posts from the match day thread to create a new thread about Melican's nomination. Thought he deserved his own thread.
    Absolutely!
    Congratulations to the Pelican

Well done Lewis. You've been very patient the last couple of years despite struggling through injury and most importantly, you've done what you've been told and followed the team rules. This is truly deserved.

Well done Pelican.
    Hope he wins it. It would be nice to have the swannies win it two years in a row... plus it'll take the pressure off Millsy.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

This a typical Swans development story. Good recruitment followed by a lot of work & patience with the player. Well done all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast