Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Changes for elimination final v Essendon, Saturday 9 September

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Let's just hope it works for the next four games - and in our Premiership defence in 2018.
    I love this sort of arrogance - in a year's time it might well be considered modest reasoning. Go the Bloods - and in this instance, Go Swannies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    I think we got lucky with those umpires and it should not be a lop sided free kick account. Which is good to see. Razor Ray is a bit erratic but usually not Bias. Surprised no one start a thread on the Blind Fan and the commentator? Great story and I had to laugh when the journalist mentioned the young boy's commentary would be channel seven to shame!!
    Meredith was the umpire that made the majority of bad decisions, coincidently all against us, in last years GF. I wouldn't be feeling too confident that we'll get a fair go.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yeah Tippo and Sam Reid were there too. They often get together away from the rest of team, tell short people jokes, play a bit
    of classic Randy Newman on the ipod, talk about the NBA, and how hard it is to buy decent fitted clothes, and you know just
    generally do tall people stuff.
    To me, that just highlights how much of a different world they live in.

I am 191cm and I *never* listen to Randy Newman, classic or otherwise. Of course, it's possible the Randy Newman listening doesn't kick in until 193cm or even higher.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Meredith was the umpire that made the majority of bad decisions, coincidently all against us, in last years GF. I wouldn't be feeling too confident that we'll get a fair go.
    OMG good pick up -- I watched the free bulldogs video and Meredith was the one who gave a free kick against Jack for kicking in danger when the bulldog player slided in and took his legs and he was the one who paid the Clay Smith a free kick when he tossed his head back pretending he was taking high. Obviously the AFL has assigned him again to damage the Swans chances while playing a Victorian side. Can some Karma please happen to this low life!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    To me, that just highlights how much of a different world they live in.

I am 191cm and I *never* listen to Randy Newman, classic or otherwise. Of course, it's possible the Randy Newman listening doesn't kick in until 193cm or even higher.
    I saw an interview a few years ago where Randy Newman' said his biggest regret was not being able to crack the sub 193cm market.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I saw an interview a few years ago where Randy Newman' said his biggest regret was not being able to crack the sub 193cm market.
    nice.

Listening to the Age Realfooty podcast yesterday. They all agreed that Tippett should make way for Naismith because he couldn't be relied upon and he wasn't good at playing through injury. Words to the effect that the doctors thought he should have been OK to play on but Tippett didn't (not sure if this was the Carlton game or earlier in the year). I agree that Tippett should make way. Don't know if the match committee will agree though.

I also think Towers stays in over Hayward. Think Towers is harder (than an 18 yo skinny first year player).

So I still think its

IN: Naismith, Hanners, Paps
    OUT: Cunningham, Tippo, Hayward

Warming the Bench
    The Swans are in pretty good shape for the start of the finals series.

If Papley and Hennebery are fit they are automatic ins for me.

But who to leave out???

Cunningham and Hayward/Towers. I think Newman stays in.

The ruck scenario. If all 3 are fit then I'd go with Naismith and Sinclair. There's not a lot in it but I think Sinclair offers a bit more around the ground than Tippett and is less injury prone.

We should beat Essendon - despite the efforts of umpire Meredith. If we get through to the semi next week it will be a different story. One week at a time.

Not much given away with the training photos today.

Naismith, Paps, Hanners in for Tippett, Hayward, Cunningham

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Paps Hanners and Naismith in for Cunningham Hayward and Tippett

Fantasia Hurley for Laverde Hooker

Emg Aliir Robinson Cunningham
    Emg Hocking Laverde McKernan

Strong team. Now just have to come out forcefully and put The Bombers away.

Senior Player
    AA as an emergency ?
    Be still Ludwigs beating heart ?? is a last minute switcheroo on the cards?????

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast