Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Changes for elimination final v Essendon, Saturday 9 September

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    ... Cunningham loses his spot due to lack of hardness = finals footy.
    Maybe previously but not this season.
    He was average in the first two rounds, didn't play against the Pies and then came back into the team and was consistently in the top tacklers (except the Saints game but they never had the ball to be tackled ) until his injury against the Blues.
    I was hoping he could get back to full fitness for these finals and could easily see him stepping up like our much loved Fearless Fosdike
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajn View Post
    No need to fear but: Razor Ray, S.Meredith (2016 GF) and B.Hosking from the Essendon football league umpiring.

Going to up against 25 again!
    Hosking from Essendon Football league? I don't understand why it is so hard to arrange umpires from neutral states/ i.e. WA/SA/TAS/QLD etc. If we get away to a lightning start i.e 5-6 goals ahead, the umps will have little influence. If its a close one, that when the trouble will start.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    THe "experts" say Essendon are quick and quick teams get Swans so tell me from the last 16 rounds only Hawks have beaten swans so which teams exactly are the fast teams that have got swans?
    And in that first loss to the hawks we kind of got ourselves, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with some blatant errors.

The best strategy for beating quick teams is 'win the ball.'
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    The best strategy for beating quick teams is 'win the ball.'
    I agree. The simple strategies often work best.

Are we there yet?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Are we there yet?
    Unfortunately we are still in the long, slow and drawn out calm. Although I am now reminded of Ferris Bueller's sage advice about life moving pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Hosking from Essendon Football league? I don't understand why it is so hard to arrange umpires from neutral states/ i.e. WA/SA/TAS/QLD etc. If we get away to a lightning start i.e 5-6 goals ahead, the umps will have little influence. If its a close one, that when the trouble will start.
    Razor Ray is from the ACT. Hosking is a worry and Meredith is probably a mate of Gillon McLachlan as he started in the VAFA. This is very worrying. How come we couldn't have 3 from any of SA, Tassie, Queensland or WA? The problem with Victorian umpires who grow up in the district of a team that they are umpiring is they ARE biased. Nichols for Western Bulldogs is very obvious. In the matches Nichols umpires Western Bulldogs the free kick tally is far greater for the Western Bulldogs than for the opposition. It must be very difficult for an umpire not to be biased or to go the other way to prove how unbiased they are and then penalise the club they followed as kids. One thing I do know is when two teams I have never had an interest in or a bias toward are playing I am exceedingly fair but when my team is playing I'm a little bit one eyed even when I try not to be. I can recognise when the opposition should get a free and most of the time I am fair but when there is the slightest doubt I am pro Swans. I think that's only natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Surprised Will is not an emergency. Way more value than Robinson. Cunningham loses his spot due to lack of hardness = finals footy.
    Don't knock Robbo he was really good last week in the Prelim. He got 28 disposals last week our best.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Quite possibly our strongest line up. Certainly I don't think there's been a time this year, when we've had less players out injured. And there's quite a few players running around in the ressies, who would be getting regular games at a number of clubs. Actually, the way the Dockers and the Suns finished the year, I'd probably back our NEAFL side to beat them.

- - - Updated - - -

Two premierships in one year would be a fairly unique way to start a career.

The last sentence in the first paragraph I sort of agree with. The Suns definitely. Freo can be a bit freaky at times but in a pinch yep I think they could. Some of the toppies like Osborne and Wicks have been very good. The one I am totally impressed by though is Bell. He was sensational against GWS. The side we are putting up this weekend is almost all listed players with Jared Osborne being the only Toppie. Very strong side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Eight players from the 2012 premiership will be playing Saturday night: Grundy, Hannebery, Jack, Kennedy, McVeigh, Parker, Reid, Smith.

The other thing is for some reason everyone keeps saying Jones is the only change from the last time we played them but he's not. McVeigh did not play last time either, Ollie Florrent did.

Still not a fan of sinclair over tippett
    key forwards are built for finals
    only reason woild be if they are suss on naismith going the distance and need more of a 50 50 split in the ruck

chances of sinclair firing are next to nil
    tippo at least a presence

Due to illness I can't use my ticket tomorrow. Happy to give it to a Swans supporter. It's high in the Churchill, so a high pocket view. It's a mobile ticket so I could email it. Please DM me with email address if you would like it.

Annie - we are there - today's the day!!! I'm as nervous as all get out!!!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast