Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for elimination final v Essendon, Saturday 9 September

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    It's a little surprising that he has this issue considering that he has performed well in other big matches with large opposition crowds. Maybe a visit to a Sports Psychologist might help him. I suppose being open about it might help him get over this issue. I would hope that the club is onto this; not just for him, but for any other players who have lost confidence due to these significant defeats.
    The Swans employ a psychologist as part of their High Performance staff (along with the medicos, physiotherapist, massage staff etc.).

What do you read into the fact that Hayward was at the NEAFL game at Blacktown, when the seniors were training on Lakeside? Being rested? Already told he will be playing NEAFL so told to go to Blacktown to be apart of it?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    What do you read into the fact that Hayward was at the NEAFL game at Blacktown, when the seniors were training on Lakeside? Being rested? Already told he will be playing NEAFL so told to go to Blacktown to be apart of it?
    Did he look happy or unhappy?

Not especially happy. He sat down at ground level chatting to Robbie Fox.

I think if he's any chance to play seniors he will need to freshen up. Maybe they gave him a week off to do that?

I hope he is playing in the later game on Saturday.

Don't get me wrong I think he has had a fine first season and will be a very good player for us over many years but I just don't think he is quite ready for senior AFL finals footy. At that level you need as many contributors as possible and he struggles to find a way into the game when he is having a bad day, which is to be expected at his age and experience of course.

In any event hopefully a NEAFL Premiership Medal around his neck is a good consolation. With the seniors playing and the opponents an AFL team I gather we can play froma full deck on Saturday in the NEAFL so only a couple of toppies I'd say. Should be a very high quality game and I'm looking forward to it

Veteran Site Admin
    Even if the coaches have decided Haywood is unlikely to play in the EF, they'd hardly put him on ice now. Papley may not come up, or someone else could get injured.

If he was excused from the senior training session I think it's far more likely that they just wanted to give him a rest (or that he's carrying a niggle) than that they've already ruled him out of Saturday's Essendon game.

Early forecast for Saturday isn't brilliant. Windy and possibly drizzly

http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/sydney.shtml
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Hosking, Razor Ray & Meredith set to umpire.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    OUT: Sweet Caroline
    IN: Crunchy Granola Suite
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    IN: Crunchy Granola Suite
    I'd be up for that:

Never knowin' what you're showin'
    Think you're growin' your own tea
    Jake Lloyd!
    Da-na-na-nat-nat...

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Nainsmith is our best ruckman. He's a lock I would say.

I think tippet is probably the better forward at the SCG.

Sorry sinkers. I think sinkers would be better at the MCG though.
    Why do you call him "Nainsmith"? Is it a joke I'm missing?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast