Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for elimination final v Essendon, Saturday 9 September

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    Sounds good to me! As long as we're confident Naismith can play out the match
    The problem is that their secondary rucks, although they are forwards, are really tall. Towers can't compete against them. I think, and hope, that Naismith will be the ruck and Sinclair or Tippett will be the forward/ruck. I'm not sure which one will get the gig. Tippetts ceiling is much higher than Sinclairs but his lows are terrible.

We have to go with Tippett + Naismith/Sinkers, anyone suggesting we only need 1 is not seeing the bigger picture.

There's no defense in the competition that can matchup all 3 of Buddy/Reid/Tippett... and then there's Rohan to worry about on top of that. Having Tippett will at the very least to take the pressure off of Buddy, and allows Reid to move into defense when needed without hurting our scoring power as much.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It's all a moot point anyway. Does anyone really think that, when the team comes out on Thursday, two out of three of Naismith, Tippett and Sinclair won't be named?

The only way this might happen is if only one of them is fit.
    Spoilsport.

Let's not forget Horse did drink Ludwig's Koolaid for a few games earlier this season. With relative success.

I just looked up our Round 14 team V Essendon.

Ruck were Naismith and Sinclair.

Florent played as Jones was suspended for one match; otherwise team is likely to be the same R14 as 1st Final

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Spoilsport.

Let's not forget Horse did drink Ludwig's Koolaid for a few games earlier this season. With relative success.
    And also let's not forget that our Horse was the last pony to the trough. All the others are still drinking.

Horse loves Neighsmith. I'm sure he'll play.

Umpires: Hosking, razor, Meredith

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I just looked up our Round 14 team V Essendon.

Ruck were Naismith and Sinclair.

Florent played as Jones was suspended for one match; otherwise team is likely to be the same R14 as 1st Final
    Buddy kicked six points straight that game too. He's unlikely to do that again which works in our favour. We really should have won that match by more. I think we also let them back into the game after we had a good lead from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Buddy kicked six points straight that game too. He's unlikely to do that again which works in our favour. We really should have won that match by more. I think we also let them back into the game after we had a good lead from memory.
    It has actually been one of the biggest myths circulating this past week. So many people have commented that Essendon dominated the game and that we were lucky to win. Granted, the end of the game was miraculous, but this is far from an accurate summary of the contest. One article on AFL.com suggested that it took us all night to hit the lead.

The reality is we led at every change had five more scoring shots and apart from that twenty min lapse before and after three quarter time we controlled the game.

Their ability to score seven straight goals was (is) a worry, but had we lost that game we would have been kicking ourselves.

I hope we slaughter them this time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Yep remember being at the game and we dominated for 2-3 quarters but just couldnt put in on the scoreboard. Essendon had a great 15-20 minutes and were able to convert.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Yep remember being at the game and we dominated for 2-3 quarters but just couldnt put in on the scoreboard. Essendon had a great 15-20 minutes and were able to convert.
    Absolutely agree. We were well on top until that run of goals around the 3/4 time break. 20 behinds. Three of those go the other way and it's a different game.

Veterans List
    Good story on the ruckmen in the SMH today
    Swans ruckmen relish under selection pressure

And a great line by Sinclair: "There's no ill-feeling towards anyone when the coaches pick a team. We're all trying to make each other better, teach each other."
    Interesting that the three of them have dinner planned: "The good thing is Kurt Tippett pays. It tastes better when it's free," Sinclair quipped.

IN: Ruthless; Accuracy
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast