I'm always impatient for the Reserves thread to start and so I'm going to get it going this time.

First things first: the match has been confirmed as the curtain closer for the elimination final against Essendon: SCG double header locked in - sydneyswans.com.au. The match is scheduled to start at 7.45 pm. Free entry to the SCG from 7.15 pm. I presume this means that we can sit wherever we like? I might try moving to some of the premium seats that are normally out of my price range for the Reserves. Brewongle? O'Reilly?

The second thing to observe is that these have been the top 2 teams all year. The Lions are the only team to have beaten us all year. And, like Hawthorn at AFL level, they have done it not once, but twice! However, sadly for them, the Lions are standing in the way of DESTINY! We have been cruelled by the footy gods the past 3 years and now it is OUR TIME!

Changes to the team? Could there be a swap of ruckmen? Will Naismith get promoted at the expense of Tippo or Sinkers? And, if he is, will they play NEAFL? Papley and Hannebery return to the seniors. Harry C is likely to be relegated (he played NEAFL over the weekend just gone) but who else? My tip: Hayward will miss. Seniors loss is the Reserves gain. Decent consolation for him too if we win our inaugural NEAFL flag.

Unfortunately for the Lions, Schache is going to miss the game: Home time for Schache as he misses NEAFL GF - AFL.com.au. Then again he is out of sorts and they won last weekend without him so perhaps it is for the best all round. Sad for Schache though that he is feeling bad enough not to be motivated to play in the Grand Final when the opportunity is there, even if it is NEAFL. On the other hand it didn't stop Buddy coming back as good as ever in 2016 after missing 2015 finals for similar reasons. The Lions had a good victory over Sydney Uni in their prelim, who were tougher opposition than the Suns: MATCH REPORT: Brisbane out-muscles Sydney University to book Grand Final spot � NEAFL. Hopefully that won't harm our chances any and we'll make the most of our home ground advantage and a decent crowd in support.

Onwards to VIC-TORY!