Thread: 2017 Home and Away Free Kicks

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar

2017 Home and Away Free Kicks

Below is the free kick differential for all teams in the 2017 home and away season. Stats obtained from the AFL website.
    (I know the total plus should equal the total minus but there's a difference of one.)

Western Bulldogs +63
    Brisbane +46
    Collingwood +46
    North Melbourne +39
    West Coast +32
    Carlton +28
    St. Kilda +18
    Adelaide +3
    Gold Coast -4
    Melbourne -4
    Essendon - 16
    Geelong -19
    Sydney -21
    Hawthorn -28
    Port Adelaide -34
    Fremantle -39
    Giants -46
    Richmond -65

Interesting to note that 6 of the 8 finalllists are in the bottom 8 of this ladder.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Below is the free kick differential for all teams in the 2017 home and away season. Stats obtained from the AFL website.
    (I know the total plus should equal the total minus but there's a difference of one.)

Sydney -21
    Not a lot over 22 games.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    Be interested in seeing how each team fares at their respective home ground. I've always felt that West Coast, Adelaide and Geelong get a good run when playing at home and that the Bloods break even. Wondering if there is any truth in this perception or whether its a one-eyed appraisal.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

I'd be really interested to see the breakdown of individual free kicks. For example, last week it was Daniher getting all the frees, this week it was Dangerfield. Do particular individuals get more free kicks and why?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    I'd be really interested to see the breakdown of individual free kicks. For example, last week it was Daniher getting all the frees, this week it was Dangerfield. Do particular individuals get more free kicks and why?
    They favour forwards whose name starts with Dan. We should get Hannebery to swap places with Sinclair. Or get Papley changed by deed poll to Danley.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)