Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Finals Week 3 & Divisional Grand Finals - September 9-10

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by monopoly19 View Post
    Why hasn't UTS Div 4 been promoted to Div 3 after their last few years? Not being a smartarse, I'm just pretty new to the comp and curious.
    Because each yr uts tell the league their numbers have dwindled n the carnt compete at a higher level

They have a div 2 side that comes last every year there. So its more a matter of does their div 2 drop or their div 3 promote? In the end they just keep as is. But when their div 2 side is out of contention (usually half way through the year) then they start managing their list.

3 teams promoted from div 4 last year and the premiers werent one of them. Those 3 teams finished top 3 in div 3.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    6.9 Subject to By-laws 6.10, 6.11, 6.12 and 6.13:
    i) any senior men�s player who has played in a combined total of nine or more home and
    away matches in any higher men�s division(s) (including Sydney Uni NEAFL), shall not be
    eligible to play final matches in a lower division:

Finals matches don't count so McParland is only on 8 home and away.

Sydney Swans and GWS Giants �Top Up� players and Under Age Representative Players (Amended
    01/02/2017)
    6.16 Sydney Swans and GWS Giants NEAFL �Top Up�, NSW State Academy Series, U18 Allies &
    U16 National Championship matches will count towards finals eligibility for the players AFL
    Sydney club.
    6.17 Under these By-Laws the �player� is only permitted to play in AFL Sydney Premier Division,
    Division One or Under 19 Division One Finals.

Dyl Addo played a fair bit in the neafl as a gws top up player and they count as div 1 games (lol).

U r kidding. How many hours have u spent on these message boards complaining about UTS stacking. A player of NEAFL ability is dropped back into a div 1 prelim that u win by 8 points. People who live in glass houses shouldn't sook it up.

Up to this point u had me on the UTS thing. But u have proven that your club is as happy as any to use the rules as u chose.

As u will when u load up with your 19s next week

Im actually thinking of outsourcing the gf. We all sit on the hill and drink any time the player who replaced you gets a touch.

Is Jake Brown and Shippers able to play div 4? They might get a touch or two.

But lets be honest, up by 40 points at 3/4 time... we clearly switched off and focused on next week. A few late goals and saying 8 points makes the game seem a lot closer than it actually was.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    But lets be honest, up by 40 points at 3/4 time... we clearly switched off and focused on next week. A few late goals and saying 8 points makes the game seem a lot closer than it actually was.
    Your club used the rules to play a former afl player in div 1. Its in the rules so that is ok.

Your div four team was way to good to be in div four. Way too good

So stop complaining about UTS doing it.

Yes mum.

- - - Updated - - -

I heard Chris Corby's phone was running hot yesterday. Seems a few complaints going his way from your mob?

Well done to our u19s today, absolutely dominant. Great result for the club. 2 more next week.

I know I'm not a regular here but I was at the U19s Div 1 GF today and wanted to comment on how great a game it was. I'm biased towards the winning team but the overall standard of play was excellent from both teams.

Well done St George too. :-)
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Almost Football Legend

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

All men's divisions won by premier division clubs

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    All men's divisions won by premier division clubs
    Does that suggest that the proposed structure changes are right?

Any word on changes to the Women's comp? There are 3 very distinct classes of teams.
    1. Some very serious and impressive elite sides (Top 5-6 in Prems)
    2. Some improving and growing sides (bottom couple of Prems and the top 3-4 in Div 1)
    3. Social but rapidly growing sides (the rest)

Would be a shame to not see this managed properly. Sending any Div 1 side to Prems is not going to go well. And keeping these newer sides in Div 1 against established sides like Manly, Magic and Saints is not going to help new entrants with cricket scores being kicked.

Surely it's 3 grades next year?

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Does that suggest that the proposed structure changes are right?

Any word on changes to the Women's comp? There are 3 very distinct classes of teams.
    1. Some very serious and impressive elite sides (Top 5-6 in Prems)
    2. Some improving and growing sides (bottom couple of Prems and the top 3-4 in Div 1)
    3. Social but rapidly growing sides (the rest)

Would be a shame to not see this managed properly. Sending any Div 1 side to Prems is not going to go well. And keeping these newer sides in Div 1 against established sides like Manly, Magic and Saints is not going to help new entrants with cricket scores being kicked.

Surely it's 3 grades next year?
    I don't think it is far off the mark, for a while at least. I think there will be some blowouts in both divisions reserve grades.

Re the Women's, that is work in progress over the next 3 years or so. League intending to have 3 divisions in 2018. Currently 22 teams in two divs. They are looking at 2 new teams to make it a 8-8-8 split.

Already been advised that there will almost certainly be 8 women's teams in Prem Div. Not sure if that equates to promo/relegation (Wollongong should have been in PD the last few years) UTS went up this year and went OK with 4 wins and a draw.

I think that next year it should be
    Prem Div - Same as this year except Wollongong Up and Western Wolves Down
    Div 1 - Wolves, Manly, Blacktown, North Shore, Penno, East Coast, Camden and either Syd Uni or UNSW reserves
    Div 2 - Rest incl remaining reserve grade teams (Aub-Penrith, Newtown), Wollondilly, Campbelltown, Moorebank, + 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast