Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day 2nd ELIMINATION FINAL Sydney v Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    It's a much maligned aspect of the Swans game, but Sweet Caroline was good for us today. Was the turning point really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No no no it wasn't

Veterans List
    Great team effort, Sinclair clunking marks - delicious! Just need to get super boot Dawson in the side!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    He is just so composed for a kid that age, hard to see him moving into the midfield any time soon
    I suspect a few of us hope a Luke hodge in the making

Awesome win, but it's a little concerning that Rohan had the 2nd least number of possessions on the ground, only beating bellchambers.

Cunningham had 19 possies.

Tough choice for selectors next week if they want to bring anyone in.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Team selection vindicated this afternoon.

We won't lose many games when Sinclair and Towers kick 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Callum Mills: was that a faultless game by him or what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    He is just so composed for a kid that age, hard to see him moving into the midfield any time soon
    It's exactly for this reason that you want to have Mills in the midfield. He wins his own ball, makes great decisions and executes quickly and precisely. You want that kind of player to have the most opportunities to use the football. He will be a star wherever he plays. It's a question of where he can have the most impact.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Awesome win, but it's a little concerning that Rohan had the 2nd least number of possessions on the ground, only beating bellchambers.
    Not sure about that. He's reminding me of a much more athletic version of Derek Kickett for us. Might drift in and out of a game and not have too many disposals but the few disposals he does have can turn a game and they are often special. Except that Gaz at this point of his career he could still be anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Callum Mills: was that a faultless game by him or what.
    Not faultless. I think you have forgotten that dreadful pass to Newman that was picked off.

Rohan did alright - stats are deceiving - you can rack up 30 and 20 of them could be rubbish (ie One TMitchell springs to mind) Rohan applies pressure - and when he gets the ball he's spot on. Never under estimate the role he plays. He's certainly got us over the line a couple of times this year. Towers (who I've been known to lose my @@@@ over) finally "gets it" and Sinclair he's improved out of sight. We need to keep a lid on things and not get caught up in the hype - let's see what the next week brings.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Rohan did alright - stats are deceiving - you can rack up 30 and 20 of them could be rubbish (ie One TMitchell springs to mind) Rohan applies pressure - and when he gets the ball he's spot on. Never under estimate the role he plays. He's certainly got us over the line a couple of times this year. Towers (who I've been known to lose my @@@@ over) finally "gets it" and Sinclair he's improved out of sight. We need to keep a lid on things and not get caught up in the hype - let's see what the next week brings.
    Absolutely, Wardy. I thought Gary was done for the game when he hobbled off (I think in the first), and he looked to be a little sore for the rest of the game. Sure 7 touches isn't much, but he pressured like crazy all game and he goaled when we needed someone to stand up and keep the scoreboard ticking over just to be 100% comfy. That pack mark and then kick to Buddy on the lead in the second was an absolute thing of beauty.

The area we ended up in (towards the back in the Churchill, right behind goals) was a mini Dean Towers "this bloke used to drive me nuts but look at him now!" fan club by the end of the game. It was a wonderful, positive atmosphere to be around (easy for fans to be cheery when your team dominates like that on a beautiful day).
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Did anyone else see that handball by Papley to Buddy's advantage in the second quarter? Maybe it was the camera angle but it looked like it bent around the Essendon player.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Did anyone else see that handball by Papley to Buddy's advantage in the second quarter? Maybe it was the camera angle but it looked like it bent around the Essendon player.
    Didn't see that but did see Paps' flick, turn and handball to Towering in the 4th that was off the charts.