Thread: Drive time with Ted Richards

Drive time with Ted Richards

Really enjoy this bit of fun. Now that Ted has moved back to Melbourne will this no longer be done, or will they have someone else do it?
    For me the best one so far is Nick Smith, who turns the tables on Ted a bit and asks some good ones.

I would like more interaction from the players (like Ask a Swan, Open Pyke etc), not serious interviews but fun ones.

Other clubs seem to do this more than we do. Do we not have the characters (Like Alex Rance)?

It requires an extroverted larrikin ... Paps would be perfect.

On a serious note, I was a bit shocked to see the way Ted drives. Ted commits two bad errors when he turns the steering wheel. 1. At times he allows his arms to cross over as he swivels the wheel (instead of keeping his hands in a virtual 10 o'clock/2 o'clock position to maintain full control). 2. And on another occasion I saw him spin the wheel using the base of the palm of his hand (very poor technique as he would have no control in an emergency situation). Hope someone tells him to do a safe-driving course.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    On a serious note, I was a bit shocked to see the way Ted drives. Ted commits two bad errors when he turns the steering wheel. 1. At times he allows his arms to cross over as he swivels the wheel (instead of keeping his hands in a virtual 10 o'clock/2 o'clock position to maintain full control). 2. And on another occasion I saw him spin the wheel using the base of the palm of his hand (very poor technique as he would have no control in an emergency situation). Hope someone tells him to do a safe-driving course.
    10 and 2 is old school! It's 9 and 3 these days.

I love Drive Time with Ted and hope they keep it up. He's a funny guy.

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly19 View Post
    10 and 2 is old school! It's 9 and 3 these days.

I love Drive Time with Ted and hope they keep it up. He's a funny guy.
    Yeah, I agree anywhere between those two positions is good. But definitely not crossing your arms over - good way to get a very nasty arm injury (or worse) if the wheel spins violently in an emergency situation.

And I agree Ted is a funny guy, I want him also to be a safe driver!