Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for semi final v Geelong, Friday 15 September

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    They can't even predict 24 hours out. Last Friday night I had tickets in the open so kept a close eye on the forecast. The rain was meant to clear by the afternoon but of course it rained during the game!!

I bought my tickets this morning for this week's game and they are undercover so I'm happy ????.
    I would swap an undercover ticket for one in the open any day !
    If the rain is good enough for the lads , it's good enough for me.
    Makes me feel part of it , rather than being just an observer.

Veterans List
    Forecast this morning is for increasing showers. Won't make any difference to the result if it is a little wet.

Veterans List
    Anyone going to training this week?

Wow!

That's assuming Richmond don't win the premiership and teams still bother with tall forwards / defenders in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post
    Would it help if I tackled you in the aisle on your way to your seat?

I prefer being close to the action, which occasionally precipitates (ignore the pun) me getting wet when it rains at the ground. I took my sister to the football at Princes Park one day when it hailed, and refused to move - she looked miserable, but I thought it was awesome.

I will be with my young son this week, but he seems to enjoy getting out in the elements - we'll see how it goes (might need to invest in some raincoats).

We are a top-heavy team, I wonder if the weather will impact the selection of the match committee.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Anyone going to training this week?
    Att: Melbourne fans. Can't guarantee the details (and I don't think they publicise Melbourne training sessions) but my experience is that for Friday night games in Melbourne, they always train at about 3:00 pm on Thursday at Melbourne Melbourne Boys High School's oval.

They stay in serviced apartments/hotel on Chapel Street, South Yarra which is a couple of hundred yards away.

I know this from watching my daughter play hockey there over the years. Great viewing, can get very close and no crowd so the boys are always happy to have a chat.

Don't ask about selections though, that will just get a smile and referral to official announcement. You don't need to. It is usually obvious from the drills who is in and who are the travelling emergencies.

Veterans List
    Don't know when or where we do our training session today, but if anyone is going can you check on how Tom Papley goes. Went off late in the game and was iced up. Pretty sure I heard they were training today.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Don't know when or where we do our training session today, but if anyone is going can you check on how Tom Papley goes. Went off late in the game and was iced up. Pretty sure I heard they were training today.
    Good call. I think he's a smoky out (and would be a massive loss). I think Melican's a greater chance to miss than they are letting on, too.

I thought Scott's reported pre-game comments this morning were pretty solid and am sure Selwood and Dangerfield are primed for big games. I think it'll be close.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Good call. I think he's a smoky out (and would be a massive loss). I think Melican's a greater chance to miss than they are letting on, too.

I thought Scott's reported pre-game comments this morning were pretty solid and am sure Selwood and Dangerfield are primed for big games. I think it'll be close.
    Selwood was definitely favouring that foot last week. And I think Paddy is not comfortable with his as well. He also copped a knock to his knee and seemed to be feeling it. So both are far from 100%.

I don't like the press Geelong have been getting down here. Every negative report has been naking me cringe. They will be pumped and we will need to match them early and not give them a sniff. If we can jump them like we did last year i think they will fold.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post
    I would swap an undercover ticket for one in the open any day !
    If the rain is good enough for the lads , it's good enough for me.
    No I would rather be able to watch the game without the poncho getting in the way. Have been sitting in the same area at the MCG for 20 years so I guess I'm just used it. We all have different tastes ???? ?.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    This was tweet was conspicuously present in the Swans Twitter feed, as though they wanted to show that Paps was fine!

Strapping on the left knee, but he also had that strapped during the game

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post

Sydney Swans on Twitter: "Paps is up and about at training ????@TomPapley #ProudlySydney https://t.co/qOvKXZvTLt"

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast