Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes for semi final v Geelong, Friday 15 September

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Last week I was very confident that we would pump the Bombers and the Cats, if they lost, but I have lost a lot of that confidence. This is a very important game for the Cats as they were totally dominated by the Tigers and I if they get pumped again, by us, they would have to reevaluate their 'Dangerwood" game style, without Lonergan and Mackie, and whilst they play finals they just don't win many of them. This is they "line in the sand' game for them and if they fail, a lot more buying required. I just don't rate the younger players.

From afl.com.au, prognosticating about our team selection this week:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-1...finals-call-up
    Last edited by liz; 14th September 2017 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Please don't repost in full content from another site. Just a paragraph or two, plus a link, is fine

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    Last week I was very confident that we would pump the Bombers and the Cats, if they lost, but I have lost a lot of that confidence. This is a very important game for the Cats as they were totally dominated by the Tigers and I if they get pumped again, by us, they would have to reevaluate their 'Dangerwood" game style, without Lonergan and Mackie, and whilst they play finals they just don't win many of them. This is they "line in the sand' game for them and if they fail, a lot more buying required. I just don't rate the younger players.
    Champion team beats team of two champions
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    I'm always nervous when Swans go into a game in the finals as "red hot favourites." The 2014 GF has left me scar(r)ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Anyone notice that on AFL360 last night Robbo was promoting that Geelong had to go "physical". It didn't work for the Bombers as Buddy won the game over five minutes before heading to the bench. But the Hawks taking out Hanners in 2014 worked well as did the Dogs for Hanners again last year.

I wonder who the "physical" Cats are planning on targeting for injury this week? Last night was the first time I ever heard what we know is discussed within the club briefings being discussed openly on TV.
    No doubt the Cats will try to test out Buddy's corked thigh...And any other players carrying injuries that they know about.

But that's nothing new, those sort of things happen in every game.

I'm sure the Swans will be keen to test Selwoods' ankle, and any other Cats they think might be vulnerable, if they get the opportunity...

All's fair in love and war.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veterans List
    I wonder who the physical cats players are.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    I'm always nervous when Swans go into a game in the finals as "red hot favourites." The 2014 GF has left me scar(r)ed.
    Still say we don't play the MCG well, so there is always a concern for me when we play there. However Geelong's record at the MCG is also pretty ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I wonder who the physical cats players are.
    nadyasonika-01.jpg

Umm, that definitely came out larger than I was expecting. Does anyone have any ideas how to resize the picture?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Still say we don't play the MCG well, so there is always a concern for me when we play there. However Geelong's record at the MCG is also pretty ordinary.
    We don't!? Chris Scott was making excuses for their loss last week by saying the MCG is a lot different dimension wise to Kardinia Park, much wider. Well I reckon MCG is sort of SCG shaped?

I'm not worried about the venue, I'm worried that the Dangerwoods were down last week and will be looking to bounce back, ankle willing.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    No doubt the Cats will try to test out Buddy's corked thigh...And any other players carrying injuries that they know about.

But that's nothing new, those sort of things happen in every game.

I'm sure the Swans will be keen to test Selwoods' ankle, and any other Cats they think might be vulnerable, if they get the opportunity...

All's fair in love and war.
    How about Rohan's leg a few years ago? Or Murphy's for that matter? In another setting would those be rated as deliberate injury?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    nadyasonika-01.jpg

Umm, that definitely came out larger than I was expecting. Does anyone have any ideas how to resize the picture?
    The image would be quite disconcerting at 1/4 size but on the big screen . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post

The image would be quite disconcerting at 1/4 size but on the big screen . . .
    I know, I feel that I've created a monster.

Does the weather bring the two teams much closer together ?
    It looks pretty slippery tomorrow Night ?
    Who's our Jude Bolton ?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast