Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes for semi final v Geelong, Friday 15 September

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Swans: No changes

Emergencies are Melican, Aliir and Robinson

Cats: Menzel and Lang for C.Guthrie and Murdoch

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Does the weather bring the two teams much closer together ?
    It looks pretty slippery tomorrow Night ?
    Who's our Jude Bolton ?
    Wet weather always brings teams closer together. Give me dry footy any day and the best team wins.

The same strong team .
    They love being away together, seems to bring out a closer cohesion and will to win .
    Awesome.

Warming the Bench
    Melican named as emergency, if he's fit should be playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post

Agreed.

Not surprised with no change. Melican could be a late in, as the game gets closer they'll asses the weather n make a decision you'd think.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Surprised re Pelican as he's in our best 22, I don't think Cunningham was so special last week as to keep him out, Melican frees up Rampe to play sweeper, even with Geelong playing small there is a match up in Menzel, and I know this week should be the priority - but he will be needed and play if we get through, yet be without footy for a month.

Veteran Site Admin
    If you look at the Cats' team, who would Melican play on? I imagine Taylor might have to play in defence for the Cats, given our tallish forward line, which leaves only Tawkins as a true key forward. Forecasts of rain mean it makes even less sense to bring him in.

I'm not surprised but I'm very disappointed for Melican. I'm also worried it might not only be match ups - it could be just because Melican is younger and greener and they are favouring Cunningham for that reason. I hope not - that is too conservative and timid. Hopefully Melican will have more of a shot against the Crows (if we make it) because they have more talls (Tex, Lynch, Jenkins, McGovern).

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    In the regular season game Melican was on Buzza, who despite reports saying he was a chance of coming in hasn't been selected.

Taylor could still play forward as the Cats could throw Stewart or Kolodjashnij on our third tall.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    If you look at the Cats' team, who would Melican play on? I imagine Taylor might have to play in defence for the Cats, given our tallish forward line, which leaves only Tawkins as a true key forward. Forecasts of rain mean it makes even less sense to bring him in.
    I agree. I also don't agree with the apparent consensus that Cunningham does not deliver. He brings a great deal of perceived pressure because of his great closing speed, either corralling players deep into pockets or forcing low percentage kicks, and he tackles well. I welcome his pace, as much as I am keen for Melican to get games. Melican has seemed so composed across CHB, but as Liz says, we don't need him in that role this week, and given the way that the midfield is working, that a fast, swarming defence closing down space is a solid strategy against a limited Geelong forward group. Cunningham can also play a run-with role if required. I would like to see Cunningham deliver better into F50 when he gets the chance�there's been a number of occasions this season�as recently as against Carlton�where he has found himself free on the wing and turned on the afterburners but wasted the final kick (although I also remember a couple of seasons ago when he seemed to establish a pretty good rapport with the late lamented Kurt T, regularly planting the ball on his chest).

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post

Absolutely. Just like 2016 GF debacle. Picks wrong, injured, unfit players.

We will need Melican against Crows, with 3 talls, but wouldn't have played for 3 weeks and if we win that we need all the speed we can get but I can see Melican out, Harry in, and Mcveigh will play and will struggle against every forward except Caddy or Prestia going forward.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast