Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Changes for semi final v Geelong, Friday 15 September

I thought Murdoch was one of their better players.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I thought Murdoch was one of their better players.
    MurdHack!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    We've got Reid who can go back if necessary.
    Yes but Reid mainly plays loose when he goes back not as a one on one defender.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Yes but Reid mainly plays loose when he goes back not as a one on one defender.
    But if disaster strikes and we lose Reg or Rampe to an injury, he at least provides an option to go back and play as a defender. I agree we don't have much evidence of him playing a tight defensive role, but I presume he does do some of this work at training.

Interestingly, Champion Data rates our team this week as the strongest we have picked all year, slightly ahead of last week's team.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Interestingly, Champion Data rates our team this week as the strongest we have picked all year, slightly ahead of last week's team.
    On the other side of the coin, SEN radio mentioned that Dangerfield is struggling with a ongoing knee problem, Selwood is still not 100% fit and that Back line player Kolj.. or whatever ,also has a knee problem. Experts are now looking at the Hawthorn losses and trying figure out how to beat us. Expect a lot of 10 meter passes tonight!!

To beat us you need Jake Lloyd out of the team at short notice. I can't believe how little weight is given to this as to why we lost to Hawthorn. Both times we had injuries either immediately before or early in the game. My worry is that they will try and take Jake out, and try to injure Lance , like that thug Goddard did. Interesting that Goddard doesn't get near the criticism Greene gets. Goddard must disguise it better, but both the hit on Lance last week, and the hit on Dan Robinson that broke his collarbone were absolutely deliberate. I would worry about S. Johnson doing some thug heroics if we play GWS.

Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    To beat us you need Jake Lloyd out of the team at short notice. I can't believe how little weight is given to this as to why we lost to Hawthorn. Both times we had injuries either immediately before or early in the game. My worry is that they will try and take Jake out, and try to injure Lance , like that thug Goddard did. Interesting that Goddard doesn't get near the criticism Greene gets. Goddard must disguise it better, but both the hit on Lance last week, and the hit on Dan Robinson that broke his collarbone were absolutely deliberate. I would worry about S. Johnson doing some thug heroics if we play GWS.
    That would be a great problem to have IMO

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678