Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Swans Academy Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Very wet wet ground that had been battered by rain all morning. Just to clarify for those that watched, the futures game was essentially mainly under 17s with some 18s and a couple of the bigger bodied 16s thrown in. The second game was a mixture of 19s and 18s with a sprinkle of 17s.

Interesting in the two teams approach as the giants musnt rate their 18s very highly as their later team included a lot of 17s players in it and they mixed the two squads up quite a bit more.

The first game was pretty much played in a pool so wasnt much of a spectacle, the ground water had dissipated a fair bit by the second game so wasnt as messy.

Swans across the board a clearly more cohesive better trained squad and to be honest I thought that was what got them across the line in both games.

Gulden had 33 Disposals and 5 tackles plus the couple of goals.
    Not that I know anything about the Giants squad, but assume that they're still getting plenty of talent from the Riverina and the ACT. And are there any published stats for the game, tucked away somewhere that I can't find?

Most of Giants squads are from those areas with a few Western Sydney kids sprinkled amongst them. Makes it harder for them to be as cohesive as the Swans boys as they arent training as a full squad all of the time. Swans on the other hand have been training as a full squad for nearly two months now. I think that often showed through in that game

As for Stats , im not sure , just told Guldens by someone closer to it.

Most of Giants squads are from those areas with a few Western Sydney kids sprinkled amongst them. Makes it harder for them to be as cohesive as the Swans boys as they arent training as a full squad all of the time. Swans on the other hand have been training as a full squad for nearly two months now. I think that often showed through in that game

As for Stats , im not sure , just told Guldens by someone closer to it.
    Yes, and some of the Sydney AFL comp sides have plenty of academy kids playing for them. UNSW ES Bulldogs and North Shore.

Senior Player
    Very wet wet ground that had been battered by rain all morning. Just to clarify for those that watched, the futures game was essentially mainly under 17s with some 18s and a couple of the bigger bodied 16s thrown in. The second game was a mixture of 19s and 18s with a sprinkle of 17s.

Interesting in the two teams approach as the giants musnt rate their 18s very highly as their later team included a lot of 17s players in it and they mixed the two squads up quite a bit more.

The first game was pretty much played in a pool so wasnt much of a spectacle, the ground water had dissipated a fair bit by the second game so wasnt as messy.

Swans across the board a clearly more cohesive better trained squad and to be honest I thought that was what got them across the line in both games.

Gulden had 33 Disposals and 5 tackles plus the couple of goals.
    Did they play full 20min quarters?

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Not that I know anything about the Giants squad, but assume that they're still getting plenty of talent from the Riverina and the ACT. And are there any published stats for the game, tucked away somewhere that I can't find?
    I don't think they have the riverina in their zone anymore.

They dont have Albury area but they most definitely have lots of kids from wagga area plus canberra

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Did they play full 20min quarters?
    Yes they did but no time on.

Veterans List
    Any of those 200+cm giants get a game?

Veteran Site Admin
    There appear to be two more academy games on this afternoon, the first (younger age group) starting in a few minutes, and the 2020 draft class match starting at 2.30pm. Both in Wollongong again.

There was a bit of rain overnight here in Sydney (not sure what it was like further south) but generally this week hasn't been as soggy as last, so hopefully the ground will be a little dryer, and we'll get a chance to see more of what ball skills the prospects have to offer.

Veteran Site Admin
    Not sure there's a livestream on YouTube, though. Only link I can find takes me to CluchTV, which it says is only for authenticated users. Anyone know more?

https://www.cluch.tv/details/5f34bf4b1de1c4001a987391

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not sure there's a livestream on YouTube, though. Only link I can find takes me to CluchTV, which it says is only for authenticated users. Anyone know more?

https://www.cluch.tv/details/5f34bf4b1de1c4001a987391
    Thanks for the tip. No idea who or what they are, but I just logged in, via Facebook, from the Swans academy Facebook page, and it took me straight to the coverage. Seems that you can log in with email, if you haven't got Facebook.

Only saw a couple of minutes before halftime, we're winning 29-13.

Is this mob a professional outfit? This stream sucks!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Dodgy camera work, buffering and the odd loss of feed, made that a bit difficult to watch. But hey, from what I could make out, Campbell was playing more inside this week, and so far, he's probably BOG. He can accelerate out of traffic really well and can hit a target once he's clear: though the strong wind is making that more difficult. In contrast, Gulden seemed to be playing largely forward pocket in that half, and is a lot quieter than last week. Sheather is spending more time on the ball this week, and has been pretty good, along with Thorne. Huisstede seems to have kicked a few, while Gaden has clunked a few in defence. We also have a ruckman, who I don't think was there last week, McAndrew, who looks to be around 205-210cm.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast