Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Match Day SEMI FINAL Geelong v Sydney MCG 7.50pm Friday 15 September

Veterans List
    What a disappointing way to end the season ????. We looked tired and had no energy. I guess the season caught up with us.

I'm proud of how we turned the season around but just wish it didn't end like that.

Don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallG View Post
    Just got home from it.

There is a latent undercurrent of deer-in-headlights about our team that has been there for some time. When it strikes it is merciless.
    And when it happens Longmire gets that 'dumb horse' look as well, which he had from during the 2nd Q tonight

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Towers was excellent. Could have had a few goals if players had kicked it to him when he was free inside 50, but they choose the geelong option instead.
    being there live i noticed that as well.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Parker stunk. In a big final. Again.

Glad I didn't watch that. Back to sipping G & T,s on the Savannah.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    And not exactly writing them off. Both exciting-but reckon they're a while off being regulars.
    I think Hayward is a near certainty to be a 200+ player with an AFL side - hope it is with us.

Senior Player
    Parker stunk. In a big final. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    being there live i noticed that as well.
    Unfortunately you are correct.

WTF is it? Maybe bring him on at 1/4 time? He is a gun who doesn't fire in September.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I never suggested we should be proud of what happened tonight, as it sounds like it was very poor. But we can still be proud of a lot of what we saw this season - I don't think that is unreasonable.
    I don't think we can be proud of a year where the senior players didn't stand up for the for the first six games and protect the young blokes. I think that stinks. It also stinks that the game plan in those games was sooooo oooold that even I could have picked it off. i don't think we can be proud of losing to Hawks, who are a younger and less developed team than us, twice. I don't think losing to a younger and less developed squad in Geelong tonight is good enough. I don't think we would have been in this position if the coaches had trusted the young players and had stern words to the experienced players

After 18 weeks of mostly victories and a couple of narrow losses I'd nearly forgotten how so many can turn on their club with harsh impulsive criticism after a loss.

Over those 18 weeks Horse was hailed as a genius at times for restoring a lost season and dragging us from the depths of despair to be the only team in the history of the VFL/AFL to make the finals from a 0-6 start (a start hampered by yet another late pre-season and injuries to keep players who had to work themselves into form). Now I'm relieved to see sanity has prevailed and he should be sacked after yet another poor performance (the first really poor performance in 3 months or so).

Great to see the return of doom and gloom regarding our list that saw the debuts of Dawson, Florent, Hayward, Fox, Melican, Newman; the development of Mills, Heeney, Papley and even Towers; and the return of AJ.

Buddy had an off night. Should take the shine off the Coleman that he won this year.

I'm reassured that Towers regains his whipping boy mantle after a month of people erroneously suggesting he had found enough confidence that his potential might have started to be realised.

Although Gary Rohan should be the heir apparent (apparently). And luckily for the Tippett thread, his form was poor enough to breathe life into it (don't worry about the injuries that resulted in the form slump).

Oh and all those players who should now be traded? Sorry all our energy was wasted when we were so excited about resigning them during the season.

Yes, wonderful to see that a loss can bring out the worst of some on RWO.

Swans, I am disappointed with your bookend 0-6 start and semi-final capitulation. But thank you for a memorable year from round 7 to the Elimination Final. And no much how I hurt as a supporter tonight after that loss closed the chapter of 2017 for us, I know the players and coaches are hurting more. While my life as a Swans fan is forever and will have many highs and lows to come, I do understand your lives as Swans players is more fleeting and tonight's loss will hurt you more than we as supporters will understand.

I look forward to tonight's disappointment spurring you greater successes in seasons to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Yesterday I said "I'm always nervous when Swans go into a game in the finals as "red hot favourites." The 2014 GF has left me scar(r)ed." and @@@@@@ me ragged if we didn't turn in a total stinker.

I actually agree with Ludwig that there's little to be gained from dissecting this one abysmal performance. No idea why they were so poor. I'm thankful they made history by making finals after a 0-6 start. Looking on the bright side we get higher draft picks and a longer preseason this way.

Back in the dark days of the season I booked a holiday next weekend. Maybe I'm physic?
    I think you mean psychic not physic which is an ancient word for a doctor. it also means a laxative, purge or cathartic medication. In ancient times it meant natural science.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It's silly to even bother talking about selection mistakes when our best players are having such poor games. Kennedy, Parker, Buddy and Rampe all getting hammered, so it's hard to blame the bottom six. It's just one of those nights. It happens. Console yourselves by thinking: "Oh well, we probably would have lost to Adelaide anyway."
    Probably your best ever. Well said.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    After 18 weeks of mostly victories and a couple of narrow losses I'd nearly forgotten how so many can turn on their club with harsh impulsive criticism after a loss.

Over those 18 weeks Horse was hailed as a genius at times for restoring a lost season and dragging us from the depths of despair to be the only team in the history of the VFL/AFL to make the finals from a 0-6 start (a start hampered by yet another late pre-season and injuries to keep players who had to work themselves into form). Now I'm relieved to see sanity has prevailed and he should be sacked after yet another poor performance (the first really poor performance in 3 months or so).

Great to see the return of doom and gloom regarding our list that saw the debuts of Dawson, Florent, Hayward, Fox, Melican, Newman; the development of Mills, Heeney, Papley and even Towers; and the return of AJ.

Buddy had an off night. Should take the shine off the Coleman that he won this year.

I'm reassured that Towers regains his whipping boy mantle after a month of people erroneously suggesting he had found enough confidence that his potential might have started to be realised.

Although Gary Rohan should be the heir apparent (apparently). And luckily for the Tippett thread, his form was poor enough to breathe life into it (don't worry about the injuries that resulted in the form slump).

Oh and all those players who should now be traded? Sorry all our energy was wasted when we were so excited about resigning them during the season.

Yes, wonderful to see that a loss can bring out the worst of some on RWO.

Swans, I am disappointed with your bookend 0-6 start and semi-final capitulation. But thank you for a memorable year from round 7 to the Elimination Final. And no much how I hurt as a supporter tonight after that loss closed the chapter of 2017 for us, I know the players and coaches are hurting more. While my life as a Swans fan is forever and will have many highs and lows to come, I do understand your lives as Swans players is more fleeting and tonight's loss will hurt you more than we as supporters will understand.

I look forward to tonight's disappointment spurring you greater successes in seasons to come.
    Too many things to comprehend tonight. As horse said we played with no energy tonight. Understatement!! Why?? We had so much energy last week and suddenly it's all gone? What was up with Buddy's dressings? Had a ton of gauze and a cigar box or something in his pocket.? 16 weeks playing like demons and tonight play like gooses. Don't know why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk